Photographer of the Year competition (POTY):
Every month IMAGES organises a photo competition for its members. The theme of the month of October was “Industrial Arts and Trades”. The photos submitted were judged by the members of IMAGES, scoring each top five photo 1 out of 5 (1 being the first choice and 5 being the fifth choice).
TheHagueOnLine will be posting a feature article on a regular basis featuring the top five photographers of each month. Listed below are the months and themes which are still awaiting further announcement:
- Tuesday November 21th Buildings/architecture
- Tuesday December 19th Celebrations
- Tuesday January 16th Cold
- Tuesday February 20th Textures
- Tuesday March 20th Song Title
- Tuesday April 17th Movement
- Tuesday May 15th Blue Hour
1. L. Scheers, “Pressurized spheres”
2. J. Peerboom, “The old couple”
3. L. Robertson, “Double sided embroidery”
4. H. Oortman-Bridge, “Glass blower”
5. L. Scheers, “Container traffic”
IMAGES is an English speaking photography club based in The Hague.
The club was founded in 1984 and welcomes members of all ages, skill levels, and camera types.
Members come from many different countries, including the Netherlands, and have many different areas of photographic interest.
The one thing they all have in common is their passion for photography.
To support and encourage this passion IMAGES organizes various activities :
- Monthly meetings with Guest Speakers
- Constructive critique sessions
- Hands-on activities & workshops
- Excursions, fieldtrips and visits to exhibitions
- Social events
By exchanging ideas, critiquing photographs and asking and answering questions, IMAGES aim to motivate and learn from each other.
IMAGES’ constitution can be found here
Where and When ?
Images meetings are typically held on the third Tuesday of every month (excluding July and August) at Bazaar of Ideas