Here’s a summary of highlighted events for the upcoming weekend in The Hague and surrounds. Click on the links for more details. Please check the websites of the organisers for the most up to date information and any last minute changes. Have a great weekend.
This year there will be three distances. On request, a shorter walk of 7.5 km will be offered. Furthermore, the 12.5 km and 18.5 km will also remain. The 2 longer distances will start at the Scheveningen Pier, where participants will walk across the beach, through dunes, forests, parks, famous Scheveningse neighbourhoods, the ports and across Madurodam to finish on the Pier! The 7.5 km route will leave from Madurodam.
Do you occasionally enjoy wandering and getting lost in the natural beauty of your surroundings? Come and join the Scheveningse Light Walk where your desires of exploration will be fulfilled under the stars and wonderful light displays that the event will provide.
European Championship Bicycle Beachrace (10 December)
The European Championship Bicycle Beachrace will be organised at The Hague ‘City by the sea’ for the second time.
Competitors from all over Europe will compete for the European championship jersey. The current champions are Paulina Rooijakkers and Jasper Ockeloen.
Who will be the next champions?
Europalia Arts Festival Indonesia (8 – 9 December)
The Europalia Arts Festival Indonesia will take place in The Hague. The festival is a satellite program of Europalia International in Brussels, one of the most important arts festivals in Europe.
Diversity is key: Indonesian artists at this festival will represent diverse genres such as hip-hop, world jazz, dangdut (Indonesian folk and traditional popular music) and will also engage crossovers of traditional Indonesian percussion with Western music. Dutch artists, such as guitarist Erwin van Ligten and the Haagse Hip-hop Centrum, will also be playing on various occasions.
It’s time for the annual AATG PANTOMIME!
This year the AATG will be performing ‘Snow White’ written by Paul Hendy, on the 8th, 9th and 10th of December at Theater aan het Spui in The Hague.
The shows’ got the Biggest Dwarfs in the Netherlands as well as plenty of Goodies and Baddies, Princes and Princesses, Pantomime Cows and Ghastly Ghouls. Rumour has it there’s even going to be a bloke in a dress!
Come prepared to cheer, boo, shout-out-loud and join in with some well-known songs! AATG Pantomime looks forward to welcoming you all to their family-friendly show!
Other Events this Weekend:
- Hans Klok – House of Horror (7 December)
- Writer’s Block Festival 2017 (7 December)
- WBII Festive Lunch 2017 (7 December)
- SKYLINE (7 December)
- Connecting Women | December Gathering: 20 Years CW (8 December)
- Andy Fairweather Low & The Low Riders (8 December)
- Open Day at in de Tussentijd (9 December)
- Sabrina Starke – The Soul of Reggae (9 December)
- The Sound of Christmas: It Will Warm Your Hearts! (10 December)
Ongoing Events & Exhibitions:
- Shrinking Space ( until 10 December)
- AIIC Netherlands Exhibition: From Nuremberg to The Hague – Multilingual Justice ( until 11 December)
- Exhibition: “Glocal Images” and Review by Malika Suleymanova ( until 12 December)
- It’s No Use of Going Back to Tomorrow ( until 30 December)
- Relating to Refugees Exhibition @ Humanity House ( until 31 December)
- The Beatles: Photographs by Robert Whitetaker ( until 21 January)
- 11th Edition Cool Event ( until 21 January)
- Art Deco ( until 4 March)
- STAR WARS™ Identities: The Exhibition Nederland ( until 11 March)
- González, Picasso and Friends ( until 2 April)
- Oleta Adams – Christmas Special (11 December)
- Pink Floyd Project XXL Featuring Durga McBroom (12 December)
- +30 Singles Party (12 December)
- Quatuor Ebène (France) (12 December)
- ADO Den Haag vs. Roda Kerkrade (13 December)
- Royal Christmas Fair (12 – 24 December)
- O’Dreams in The Hague (15 December)
- Xtown XMas Finale 2017 (16 December)
- Katvanger: Dubious Blues, Counterfeit Country & Western, Improbable Jazz and More… (16 December)
- Taika’s Christmas Concert (16 December)
- Winter Wondertales (5+) (16 – 17 December)
- Charles Dicken’s Favourite Story a Christmas Carol (21 – 23 December)
- Zein Winter Holiday Activity Programme (22 December – 8 January)
- Jools Holland & Guests with Ruby Turner & Louise Marshall (3 March)