Here’s a summary of highlighted events for the upcoming weekend in The Hague and surrounds. Click on the links for more details. Please check the websites of the organisers for the most up to date information and any last minute changes. Have a great weekend.
ST PATRICK’S DAY THE HAGUE (17 March)
Every year on March 17th the Irish and the Irish-at-heart across the globe observe St. Patrick’s Day. For the 8th year running, the Grote Markt Den Haag proudly welcome you to join in The Netherlands celebration in cooperation with the Irish Club Netherlands and Den Haag GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association).
Enjoy traditional Irish Food in the local cafes, on stage be in awe of the Irish Step Dancers, shake a leg to the live bands and of course – endless pints of Guinness on tap to keep you dancing.
To celebrate World Storytelling Day 2018, DISC – Storytelling Centre organises a special Storytelling Walk through the beautiful, traditional fishermen’s village of Scheveningen.
This is where DISC storyteller Francine, born and raised in Scheveningen, listened to the stories her father and grandfathers told her when she was little. Tantalising stories, passed on from generation to generation, and now here’s your chance to hear them too!
RILAN & THE BOMBARDIERS (16 March)
Pop, funk, rhythm & blues are the ingredients that make Rilan & The Bombardiers as original as they come.
As for his live performance accompanied by his band the Bombardiers: Make no mistake and witness the fitness, for it bursts with energy and musicality.
REPAIR CAFÉ DEN HAAG (17 March)
What do you with a chair that has a lost leg? With a toaster that no longer works? With a moth-eaten woollen sweater? Throw it away? We hope not!
Repair it in the Repair Cafe.
Other Events this Week:
BOEKENWEEK 2018: A WEEK OF AUTHORS IN PAAGMAN (10-18 March)
- Paintbar event (in English) (14 March)
Mastering WordPress Training (14 March)
- Municipal Elections Debate (15 March)
- The Hague Latin Xperience (16-18 March)
- Games from Around the World (17 March)
Ongoing Events & Exhibitions:
- The world behind a dolls house. Willem Tholen, Lita de Ranitz and friends (until 10 June)
- González, Picasso and Friends (until 2 April)
- Martin Creed Say Cheese! (until 11 June)
- Jan Steen’s Histories (until 13 May)
- A lonesome voice from Myanmar (20 March)
- Surviving and Thriving for Highly Sensitive People (workshops) (21 March)
- DANIEL DOCHERTY (22 March)
KEUKENHOF GARDENS (22 March [ongoing])
MOVIES THAT MATTER FILM FESTIVAL (23 March)
- Walk with the mayor on ‘Constitution Day’ (23-24 March)
- MACEO PARKER (31 March)