Here’s a summary of highlighted events for the upcoming weekend in The Hague and surrounds. Click on the links for more details. Please check the websites of the organisers for the most up to date information and any last minute changes. Have a great weekend!
HAAGSE WERELD HAPJES FESTIVAL (18-21 MAY)
Food festival Haagse Wereld Hapjes brings together a variety of restaurants with cuisines from all over the world. Have fun discovering and tasting well known and lesser known kitchens in one place.
The festival also features music and entertainment as well as activities and special menus for children.
OPEN DAYS SPORTS CITY BY THE SEA (18 -21 MAY)
This holiday weekend, the beach sport season in Scheveningen will be officially opened with a host of beach, water and urban sports taking place around The Hague Beach Stadium.
There are a lot of different sports which you can try out for yourself such as surfing, skateboarding, beach fitness, archery attack, beach tennis and many more. For some of the sports you need to register via www.sportstadaanzee.nl
On Saturday there will be an attempt to break the world record for participants taking part in a Yoga lesson on the Beach. The world record attempt will take place in front of Aloha Surfschool.
THE HAGUE ENGLISH COMEDY NIGHTS (19 MAY)
Come and enjoy great English stand-up comedy in a cosy setting at the Branoul Theatre located in the centre of The Hague. There are two showtimes to choose from 19:00 and 21:00!
The show consists of 2 headliner professional acts, an MC, and support acts.
BAROQUE & BEYOND – “IL GROSSO MOGUL” (19 MAY)
Baroque & Beyond is an ensemble, which is specialized in a baroque repertoire.
For this concert the program represents the pearls of a baroque period, energetic violin concerto by Vivaldi “Il grosso mogul” with an Indian influences and oriental second movement, Leclair
Ongoing Events & Exhibitions:
- Japanese Garden in Clingendael Park (until 10 June)
- Martin Creed Say Cheese! (until 11 June)
- The world behind a dolls house. Willem Tholen, Lita de Ranitz and friends (until 10 June)
- Max Liebermann: Impressions of Summer (until 24 June)
- DUIVENVOORDE CASTLE (Until 26 October)
- THE JOHN ADAMS INSTITUTE presents: The Fourth Estate (22 May)
- TALK: HOW TO BUY A HOUSE (27 May)
- Want to learn how to offset your tax liabilities with your investment portfolio? (6 June)
- Origin & Light-Series at Hop & Stork at the Passage (11 – 14 June)
- BORDER SESSIONS 2018 (13-16 June)
- NORTH SEA JAZZ (13-15 July)
- Golden Earring @ Live on the Beach (6 September)