This year we have no fewer than 13 regular shows in store for you. Some highlights: La Isla Bonita Managers , Young Gangsters & DOX’s Don’t Wanna Fight , De Warme Winkel / Kim Karssen’s Bloomsburyand Florian Myjer and Encyclopedia for the Modern Housewife from Touki Delphine & Bernadeta Astari.
Over het IJ Festivalbandje
The Over het IJ Festivalbandje is your very best festival deal. You get ten days of access to thirty performances of the youngest generation of music makers. You also get a discount on drinking at the bar in the festival heart on presentation of a festival band. Note: you do not need a festival band to attend a regular show.
With the Over het IJ Festivalbandje you can go to:
- 10 mini-location theater performances or installations in, on or around a sea container in the heart of the festival. They were specially made for us by young makers and partly contributed by Dood Paard, Afslag Eindhoven, Dansmakers Amsterdam, DEGASTEN, Golden Palace and HKU – MA Scenography.
- 5 performances by new makers at surprising locations in and around the festival heart: Sheralynn Adriaansz , Lotte Rischen , Lotte Boonstra , CHRONOS and Rita Hoofwijk .
- About the IJ Festival LAB (in collaboration with Feikes Huis): During the festival, 6 makers develop new work together with the public in the festival heart: BetweenTwoHands, Emke Idema, LIPS & KNOBEL, Tamar Blom | Wild Meat, TB RUUT, powered by the Veenfabriek and Pink Flamingooo.
- Het Atelier (in collaboration with Oerol): 3 makers are developing a blueprint for new work, both on the NDSM shipyard and on Terschelling: Marinke Eigenraam (Schweigman &), Warre Simons (Kamperoperahuis) and Igor Vrebac (De Nieuwe Oost).
- The night program in Sexyland . The festival program here goes on until the early hours of the day. With special afterparties in the weekends, including surprise acts and DJs from festival program makers.
Would you like to see everything? With the passe-partout at € 85, you get access to all performances and program parts of Over het IJ Festival 2019. You already have a passe-partout with a visit to five performances out. Especially combine multiple shows in one day, then you profit to the maximum.
Fourth Floor Program: Specials
Our deepening program consists of special follow-up discussions and three Specials, designed by theater maker and author Marjolijn van Heemstra , visual artists Bart Stuart and Klaar van der Lippen and other artists and makers. There is also an evening around the show Everything must go in Palais Recup.
Still not bored? With our extra program you will still be sweet for a while. Building Conversation builds conversations with local residents on Mosplein. Willem de Haan makes a site-specific installation at the Y-slope. There is also an Over het IJ Festival edite by Zwermers in the Tolhuistuin and much more …
Every year our festival heart can be found at a different location on the NDSM wharf. This year we are settling around Sexyland ; once canteen for shipworker, now the most varied club in Amsterdam. The festival program goes on here daily until the early hours, with special afterparties on the weekends.
Until # OHIJ19
In the coming months we will keep you informed about the realization of various performances with making-of movies, trailers and interviews with makers. Don’t miss a single update? Then set yourself up in our Facebook event .