Unity in Diversity is a registered foundation in The Hague focused on the socio-cultural integration of refugees combined with multi-level integration practices that bring together foreigners, including refugees, and all other levels of Dutch society to form one whole community through projects, skills training, dialogue and culture sharing.
There are currently volunteer positions available which do not require Dutch language skills (but you ill have opportunities to practice and improve if you wish!). See below for details on two roles and how to apply.
This is an important role, that will enable Unity in Diversity to attract financial support and donations from individuals, groups, the national government and international bodies. Unity in Diversity aids refugees and asylum seekers for sustainable integration in the host communities. We are now searching for committed individuals with previous fundraising experience or who would like to gain such experience, to help support our team in planning of fundraising activities or other ways to raising funds for our cause. As our fundraising volunteer or intern, you will be supervised directly by the project manager and overall by the director.
Fundraising Volunteer/intern duties:
- To help promote and source support for our the foundation’s projects
- To help promote the sponsorship packages by sourcing suitable organisations, making contact with the appropriate people and securing financial and in-kind support
- To source organisations and contacts to provide auction and raffle prizes
- Communicating the importance of UID’s work and our fundraising activities and the benefits to sponsors and supporters in being involved with these events
- Helping promote our fundraising pages or need through our social media channels and Facebook advertising
- Assisting with general event planning, administration
Personal qualities and Skills:
- An interest and commitment to humanitarian causes, especially with regards to refugees, education and empowerment
- Good interpersonal skills, you will be friendly, professional and have a persuasive manner
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English. Knowledge of Dutch language is desirable but not essential.
- Strategic and thorough in recording details
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Experience of managing simple databases in Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience of working or volunteering in the not-for-profit sector (voluntary or paid), is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in fundraising/event management is desirable but not essential
All successful applicants will be required to commit 3/4 hours per week to volunteer and 15 to 40 hours a week to intern. Minimum period of volunteering or interning for this position is 6 months.
COUNTRY DIRECTOR (Volunteer)
We are looking for a dedicated individual who has experience managing a team, who will love to work in the humanitarian field to manage UID’s office in The Netherlands.
Our ideal candidate should have at least 1 year experience managing a team in a multicultural environment, preferably someone who has experience working in an NGO/Foundation.
Dutch language skills are desirable but not required.
Generally responsible for the management of UID’s office in The Netherlands, overseeing all staff members and their projects.
- Recruit staff members
- Manage the day to day running of the office
- organize staff training and team building exercises
- Work with staff to fundraise and manage funds
- Create new projects with the approval of the board, and oversee the implementation of already existing projects.
- Represent UID in activities within and outside The Netherlands
- Monitor projects, approve project reports of project leaders and prepare a final report of UID’s activities and projects for the board.
- Oversee all other departments of UID besides project management team
- Keep the board updated.
- Management skills
- Communication skills
- People skills
- Writing skills
- Creativity skills