The board of Stichting Internationaal Vuurwerkfestival Scheveningen has just decided in consultation with the province and the pyrotechnical specialists that tonight’s  fireworks shows  will not take place. This is because of the strong wind force 6,  predicted waves with a height difference of over two meters and  thunderstorms.

Since the safety of visitors and the personnel on and around the pontoon in the sea can not guaranteed, the board has decided, in consultation with the parties involved, to cancel tonight’s  fireworks.

The decision was delayed  until the last possible moment in the hope that the circumstances would improve.

Tonight’s  scheduled Japanese  and Austrian  firework displays will be slotted  later into the  festival schedule.

For more information go to