Rijkswaterstaat will carry out maintenance work on the A4 motorway from Rotterdam to The Hague from 3 to 6 May 2019. The A4 is close between Rijswijk and Knooppunt Ypenburg. The Kethel tunnel towards The Hague is also closed on the A4.
A4 works between Rijswijk – Ypenburg junction
From Friday 3 May at 10 p.m. to Monday 6 May 2019 at 5 p.m. work will be carried out on the A4 motorway between Rijswijk and the Ypenburg junction. All lanes are closed and road users are redirected to The Hague.
Closures on the A4 motorway
During the weekend closure, the following road sections and entrances and exits are closed between Rijswijk and the Ypenburg junction:
- The entire lane between Rijswijk and the Ypenburg junction
- Tour The Hague South (12)
- Rijswijk Tour (11)
- Rijswijk-Plaspoelpolder entrance and exit (10)
- Rijswijk Center entrance and exit (9)
Road users must take into account an additional travel time of 10 to 30 minutes. In the event of adverse weather conditions, the work can be postponed until Friday 24 May 22.00 hrs until Monday 27 May 2019 05.00 hrs.
Detour routes road works on the A4 motorway
- Traffic from Rijswijk, Den Hoorn and The Hague South is diverted via the N470 to the A13 (orange route).
- Traffic from Hoek van Holland and Rotterdam to The Hague / Amsterdam is diverted via the A20 to the A13 (green route).
- Traffic from Rijswijk Centrum continues on the A13 and is diverted via the Delft Noord access to the A4 (blue route).
Yellow signs and information panels along and above the road indicate the diversion routes.
About the A4 work
During the work, the asphalt is replaced by a quieter type of asphalt (double-layered zoab) . We also replace various joints.
The road network in the province of South Holland needs periodic maintenance. This includes the renovation of asphalt and the maintenance of works of art, such as overpasses. With this maintenance we ensure that traffic in South Holland can continue to run smoothly and safely.