The Eisenhowerlaan will be made safer for pedestrians and cyclists. Roadworks will take place from 21 October to 1 November 2019.
Eisenhowerlaan information evening
To inform area residents about the roadworks the municipality will organise a walk-in evening on Wednesday, 18 September 2019. During this meeting you can look at the designs for the Eisenhowerlaan and municipal employees will be there to explain the new situation and answer questions. You do not need to register for the meeting. You are invited to just drop by.
Date: Wednesday, 18 September
Time: 18.00 to 20.00 hrs.
Location: World Café, World Forum The Hague, Churchillplein 10, The Hague
What is going to happen?
The Eisenhowerlaan will be made safer:
- 8 speed bumps will be created.
- The surface water drains in the road surface will be moved.
- There will be a better transition between the wide and narrow part of the road.
- The maximum speed will be lowered to 30 kilometres an hour.
- The bicycle lane by the intersection between the Eisenhowerlaan and Prins Mauritslaan will be extended.
- There will be different zebra crossings made at the intersection between the Eisenhowerlaan and Prins Mauritslaan.
What does this mean for you?
During the roadworks the Eisenhowerlaan will always remain open to cars and cyclists in 1 direction. The cars and cyclists in the other direction will be diverted via the Johan de Wittlaan. During the roadworks on the intersection between the Eisenhowerlaan and Prins Mauritslaan vehicular traffic will temporarily not be allowed at night.
Accessibility and safety
Bus 28 will drive on the Johan de Wittlaan during the project. Temporary stops will be created for Bus 28. Work sites are dangerous places. Instruct children not to play in the area.
The Eisenhowerlaan will always remain open in 1 direction. This way the municipality can collect the household rubbish during the roadworks. This could take place at a different spot than what you are used to. Signs will indicate where you can dispose of your household waste.
If you have questions and/or remarks about the roadworks, contact Mr. Paul Ebben, area manager on behalf of the municipality by sending an email to: email@example.com