It is the 5-year anniversary of the Trefpunt Rotterdamsebaan information centre. This is why there are extra activities for all ages in October 2019. Come and see for yourself.
Children can do experiments on Wednesdays and on Saturdays there is a tour on archaeology for children and adults.
Experiments for children
Different experiments will be available for children aged 8 years and older on Wednesday afternoons in October. The children can investigate such questions as ‘How do they make a curve in a tunnel?’ and ‘How are building cranes able to move extremely heavy objects? By conducting experiments children will try to find answers to these questions. This is a fun way to learn about the engineering techniques being used to construct the Rotterdamsebaan.
Parents and children can stop by between 12.00 and 17.00 hrs. on 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 October. A municipal staff member will be available to provide an explanation and help the children with the experiments. There is no need to sign up in advance.
An archaeological tour will be held in the Trefpunt every Saturday in October:
- You will get information on the Rotterdamsebaan and hear all about the archaelogical finds excavated around the Rotterdamsebaan.
- You can also virtually visit the archaeological museum: you will walk through the museum on a screen, look at the finds and learn more about them. A number of the finds can be seen in real life.
- In addition you can pretend to be a real archaeologist by walking around the excavation wearing a 3D headset, digging up finds and walking through a Roman home.
Between 13.00 and 14.30 hrs. on 5, 12, 19 and 26 October. There is no need to sign up in advance.
In addition to the experiments and the archaeological tour, there will be more special activities in the Trefpunt in October. Are you curious about them? Keep an eye on the and of the Rotterdamsebaan.
The Trefpunt Rotterdamsebaan is located at Binckhorstlaan 340, 1st floor.
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 12.00 to 17.00 hrs.
- Saturday from 12.00 to 16.00 hrs.
Read more about the Trefpunt Rotterdamsebaan.