Here’s a summary of highlighted events for the upcoming weekend in The Hague and its surrounding area. Click on the links for more details. Please check the websites of the organizers for the most up to date information and any last minute changes. Have a great weekend.
On Sunday 17 September, TheHagueOnLine Social Club is organizing a trip to see the local professional football team ADO Den Haag play against Ajax, Amsterdam. The match is an afternoon kick off starting at 14:30.
For ADO Den Haag fans this is one of the biggest games of the season and the stadium is nearly always full. There is great friendly atmosphere as only home fans are allowed in the stadium, hence you only see the green and yellow of ADO Den Haag.
ADO Den Haag have allocated TheHagueOnLine 50 tickets in Stand D/E for a special price €32,50 including booking fees and without the need to purchase a club card. Stand D/E is next to the business stand.
If you are interested in joining us, then you can register for tickets by e-mailing info@TheHagueOnLine.com with your name and address. We will then send you the payment details.
Gergiev Festival 2017: Russian Avant – Garde (14 – 17 September)
Exactly 100 years after the year of the revolution of 1917, the festival highlights the most adventurous time in Russian music with composers such as Stravinsky, Prokofiev, and Shostakovich.
With four symphonic concerts, two chamber music programs and one family concert, the festival which is located in Rotterdam, focuses on the experimental period of the Russian avant-garde.
Festival Jazz in The Harbour (15 – 16 September)
Jazz in the Harbour is a live jazz music festival that occurs in the Harbour of Scheveningen. During the two-day event (starting at 5 pm and ending at 11 pm on both days), the harbour is filled with jazz bands and a few food trucks. Enjoy the live music, the people and the available food and drinks. The local bars and restaurants offer tastings of several local specialties.
In the weekend of September 16th and 17th, the Humanity House will be turned into ‘Studio Aleppo The Hague’. ‘Old’ and ‘new’ city residents are invited to have their portrait taken by prominent photographer Robin de Puy in a pop-up studio. As a welcoming gesture, ‘old’ citizens of the city pay for two portraits: their own and a refugees’ portrait. All participants receive a small print of their own portrait.
Other Events this Weekend:
- Sparks @ Paard (14 September)
- Lee Westwood to play KLM Open (14 – 17 September)
- World Triathlon Series Grand Finale (14 – 17 September)
- ‘Welcome to The Hague region’ (15 September)
- The Europe Lecture (15 September)
- “North Meets South”: Walking Tours in Benoordenhout and Bezuidenhout (16 September)
- British fun band Incognito @ Boerderij (17 September)
- Davis Cup (15 – 17 September)
- The Hague Celebrates Four Days of Prinsjesday (16 – 19 September)
- Free Programming Workshop for Women (17 September)
- Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry & Mad Professor @ Paard (17 September)
Ongoing Events & Exhibitions:
International Metropolis Conference 2017 (18 – 22 September)
- Eleonore Schönmaier – Dust Blown Side of the Journey (19 September)
Today’s Art Festival 2017 (22 – 23 September)
- Latin Moves at Stadsbal Delft (City Ball Delft) 2017 (23 September)
Orhan Pamuk and Mohsin Hamid Guests at Borderkitchen (23 September)
- Trojan Woman: A Multilingual Show (23 – 24 September)
Peace Run Celebrates Anniversary Edition (24 September)
- Welcome to Delft Programme (29 September)
Hoogtij#50 (29 September)
- Chris Rock @ Ziggo Dome (8 October)
Arrested Development @ Gebr. de Nobe, Leiden (20 October)