Here’s a summary of highlighted events for the upcoming weekend in The Hague and surrounds. Click on the links for more details. Please check the websites of the organisers for the most up to date information and any last minute changes. Have a great weekend.
Not only Mondriaan’s colours will be seen all around The Hague this year, on October 14 you’ll also hear the sounds of the art from the Dutch painter. The Mondriaan Jazz Festival #MJAZZ will be spreading all over the Hague’s ‘pop district’ and is landing on multiple locations, such as Grote Markt, Koorenhuis, Humanity House and Paard.
The love Piet Mondriaan had for jazz, is being translated into an international music festival, is that even possible? For sure it is! MJAZZ’s line-up is full of great names but also gives upcoming jazz artists around the world a stage to perform.
STAR WARS LASER LIGHT SHOW (14 October)
Back by public demand, The BSN Bursary Fund is holding its annual laser light show extravaganza for the entire family at Senior School Voorschoten.
Come in Star Wars Fancy Dress (there are prizes to be won!) and enjoy the Spectacular Laser Show as the highpoint of the evening.
MARCHÉ ROYAL! (15 October)
Hofkwartier’s status of most ‘French-like’ part of The Hague, is proofed by the Marché Royal: In the narrow streets, lined with beautiful old houses, there are market stalls full of Mediterranean merchandise – from delicatessen to fashion and brocante – the cafes and restaurants will serve French culinary delicacies and drinks.
Shops and workshops offer French fashion and design. On various locations in the quarter French music, like Jazz and gipsy as well as chansons will be performed.
A comedy improv show with well-known Canadian improv actor Shawn Kinley.
The show will give you improvised stories, based on your own suggestions. What was your experience when you came to The Hague? Do you have an interesting hobby? Are there interesting characters in your circle of friends? Anything can happen!
Other Events this Weekend:
Ongoing Events & Exhibitions:
- De Betovering: The Enchantment ( until 21 October)
- India Dance Festival ( until 29 October)
- Rockin’ Rotterdam: City in Focus ( until 30 October)
- Zein February Holiday Activity Programme ( until 6 November)
- China, The Rise of an Empire @ Omniversum ( until 15 November)
- Relating to Refugees Exhibition @ Humanity House ( until 31 December)
- Arrested Development @ Gebr. de Nobe, Leiden (20 October)
- Kieran Goss in Acoustic Alley with Special Guest Annie Kinsella (20 October)
- Richard Bona & Mandekan Cubano (20 October)
- Museum Night The Hague (21 – 22 October)
- Marcus Miller @ Paard (24 October)
- Halloween ‘Fright Night’ (28 – 29 October)
- Verdi Requiem (11 November)
- Help Witches Bewitch! (12 November)
- Meetup Slowtalk: You Wanna Talk About it? (14 November)
- Don Kosakenchor Russland (17 November)
- Sinterklaasconcert (26 November)