Here’s a summary of highlighted events for the upcoming weekend in The Hague and surrounds. Click on the links for more details. Please check the websites of the organisers for the most up to date information and any last minute changes. Have a great weekend.
Use the special discount code expat for a discount of 25% when purchasing the tickets online.
A night at sea…
Delicious food, entertaining comedy and live music all with the fantastic panoramic views from the Pier in Scheveningen.
Normally, Tasty Comedy mainly works with Dutch-speaking comedians, but for this unique occasion, an English Comedy Weekend has been organised!
Dancing on The Edge Festival (8 – 12 November)
Internationally awarded choreographers like Mithkal Alzghair (Syria) and Shaymaa Shoukry (Egypt) are part of a rich program together with other up-and-coming Arabic artists from the world of filmmaking and art as well.
Dancing on the Edge Festival presents performing arts that are artistically groundbreaking. At the same time, many of the performances have added social themes and layers, because of the political instability in their countries of origin, making them extra impressive.
Kim Wilde (12 November)
Who doesn’t know of Kim Wilde’s hits? The delicious new wave of European hits in the 1980s? Her debut ‘Kids in America’ became an international success in 1981, followed by top songs like ‘Cambodia’, ‘View from a Bridge’ and ‘Never trust a stranger’. No less than thirty million albums and singles have sold over thirty years after her debut.
Currently, her career is like a ‘second childhood’. In 2015 Kim Wilde concert in The Netherlands was sold out. Kim will be returning to The Netherlands on Sunday 12th November, don’t miss this great chance to see her live.
This last Rewire x Korzo edition of 2017 will present a stimulating, distinctive scope of transcendental music from around the globe.
Laraaji & Carlos Niño
Rabih Beaini & Tarawangsawelas
Other Events this Weekend:
- “Wines and Words” – A Tour of Italy Blending Wine and Literature (8 November)
- Orange Tea Theatre Presents “Red” (10 – 19 November)
- 11th Edition Cool Event ( from 11 November until 21 January)
- Tribute to Harmonica Hero Toots Thielemans (11 November)
- Manfred Mann’s Earth Band – Greatest Hits Tour (11 November)
- Verdi Requiem (11 November)
- American Women’s Club Holiday Bazaar (11 – 12 November)
- Help Witches Bewitch! (12 November)
- Can Life be Without Prospect? – Theosophy Talk (12 November)
- Time to Get ‘Dutched Up’ about Dutch Literature! (12 November)
Ongoing Events & Exhibitions:
- Women in Business: Prepare for the Challenges and Grasp the Opportunities (13 November)
- Meetup Slowtalk: You Wanna Talk About it? (14 November)
- ‘The Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao and the Architecture of Frank Gehry’ by Siân Walters (14 November)
- Start your own Business Seminar is Back! (16 November)
- Edgelarks (UK): Phillip Martin & Hannah Martin (17 November)
- Don Kosakenchor Russland (17 November)
- The Hague Grand Prix Judo (17 – 19 November)
- International Whiskey Festival (17 – 19 November)
- STET: Another MEDEA (17 – 19 November)
- International Food Fair (18 November)
- Explore Festival (18 – 28 November)
- Dutch Comic Con (18 – 19 November)
- St. Andrew’s Charity Ball (25 November)
- Sinterklaasconcert (26 November)