Welcome to your weekly summary of What’s On in The Hague!
Below you’ll find this weekend’s highlights and plenty of ways to entertain yourself over the coming weekend. There’s a list of upcoming items, ongoing exhibitions, sports events, socials and much more! All events take place in The Hague and surrounding areas, you can click the events or links for more information.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
This festival is organized around Prinsjesdag and adds to the significance of Prinsjesdag. Every year the festival offers a program full of activities. During Prinsjesdag, the budget and next year’s political policy plans are announced by the government through a speech delivered by the King to the two houses of parliament. The event is surrounded by a lot of ceremonial glamor such as the King’s arrival in a golden horse carriage (the “Gouden Koets”).
Rotterdam Street Culture Weekend (14-16 September)
Experience what Rotterdam has to offer in the field of street culture. Internationally known street art artists come to the city, all sorts of urban sports are practiced and there is music everywhere!
Kasserie Ock is a greenhouse on the “Ockenburgh” estate out on the western edge of The Hague, a couple of kilometers from Kijkduin. The old estate house which housed a brasserie has been undergoing renovation, and so the greenhouse has been converted into a restaurant and performance space. And that’s where Katvanger will be playing at the end of next week. They will play from around 4 pm until 6 or so, and there is an opportunity to get some supper following the show.
Grand Re-Opening of Page Not Found (15 September)
A non-profit space for artists’ publications
Page Not Found are thrilled to announce that they have moved to a new location, with a luminous storefront and a spacious backspace ready for crowded events. Same street as the previous location — just closer to their friends from 1646.
You are invited to join Connecting Women and their large community of friends for a networking event at Vascobelo, The Hague on 14 September 2018.
This event will be a relaxing and convivial opportunity together with the rest of the CW community. You can meet friends, make new ones, enjoying drinks and snacks amidst a lovely setting in The Hague.
Ongoing events around the city:
- Go Food Tours Leiden (18 August onwards)
- ‘Nøtel’ Exhibition by Lawrence Lek (1 September – 4 October)
- Top Exhibitions at 12 Museums for Feest aan Zee (various locations)
- Duivenvoorde Castle (until 26 October)
- ‘Greetings from Scheveningen’ at The Hague’s Historical Museum (until 11 November)
Upcoming dates for your diary!
- The Hague Peace Night Run 2018 (20 September)
- Masterly The Hague (21 September)
- SLS Classic Car Rally at Scheveningen (21 September)
- WHEN WOMEN ARE FRIENDS @ Bellevue Theatre by Hannah van Wieringen (24 September)
- ‘On Your Own’ Exhibition from Royal Academy of Arts Graduates (26 September)
- 200 By The Sea Festival – Lineup Announced! (27 September)
- Rise and Lead Summit for Women in Business (27 September)
- Heroes: Dublin Legends (The Dubliners) @ Paard (28 September)
- APCH Scratch Choir Concert (29 September)
- Next Step into Storytelling (29 September)
- How To Buy a House in the Netherlands Event 2018 (30 September)
- Afrovibes Festival (4 – 14 October)
- Eleven Beach Tour (5 October)
- Madurodam Marathon (6 October)
- Pandas: A New Story at Omniversum (8 October)
- Maurithuis Exhibition of Dutch Masters from British Country Houses (10 October)
- Wanderlust 2018: A Hop On/Hop Off Music Experience (12 October)
- Mondriaan Jazz (13 October)
- International Whiskey Festival (16 October)
- Willem van Oranje Exhibition @ Delft (18 October)
- India Dance Festival (19 October – 3 November)
- Royal Opera Live at Omniversum (28 October)
- Crossing Border Literature and Music Festival (30 October)
- Armando: A Retrospective Exhibition (2 November)
- Macy Gray @ Paard (5 November)
- Circus of Horrors @ Malieveld (4 January)