Welcome to your weekly summary of What’s On in The Hague!
Below you’ll find this weekend’s highlights and plenty of ways to entertain yourself over the coming weekend. There’s a list of upcoming items, ongoing exhibitions, sports events, socials and much more! All events take place in The Hague and surrounding areas, you can click the events or links for more information.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Keukenhof Flower Bulb Market (5-6 October)
The Keukenhof Flower Bulb Market 2018 will be held on the 5 and 6 October at Keukenhof, Lisse. Dozens of growers specialized in an exceptional range of exclusive and extraordinary bulbs will offer their products. The colour of spring makes place for a market where renowned growers present their flower bulbs.
After 15 years of organizing events for the expat community in the Netherlands, Expat Events is celebrating their birthday. Over 500 guests can enjoy an evening full of entertainment, bites, live performances, Djs, casino and many surprises. Expats from all over the country will come together for a drink, a chat and of course, to dance to the very best music. Internationals as well as locals are more than welcome to celebrate our birthday with us.
Museum Nacht The Hague 2018 (6 October)
Twirl to red-hot beats at the roller skate disco, follow a passionate tango workshop, experience pepper in your …. vodka?! All Ablaze is the theme of Museumnacht Den Haag 2018!
I am Not A Tourist Annual Expat Fair (7 October)
Everything you want to know about the Dutch expat life, under one roof: on Sunday 7 October 2018, the 16th edition of Amsterdam’s renowned ‘i am not a tourist Expat Fair’ is shaking up the stunning Beurs van Berlage in the heart of Amsterdam. Explore what the Netherlands has to offer, including this year’s highlights: “Jobs for Expats” and “Houses for Expats”.
Fancy something else this weekend?
- ‘Nøtel’ Exhibition by Lawrence Lek (1 September – 4 October)
- Afrovibes Festival (4 – 14 October)
- Cyber Security Week 2018 (2-5 October)
- Eleven Beach Tour (5 October)
- Open Ateliers Den Haag (6 October)
- The Sweet – 50th Anniversary Tour (6 October)
- Madurodam Marathon (7 October)
- Marché Royal! French market, music and activities in the Hofkwartier (7 October)
Ongoing events around the city:
- Go Food Tours Leiden (18 August onwards)
- Top Exhibitions at 12 Museums for Feest aan Zee (various locations)
- Duivenvoorde Castle (until 26 October)
- ‘Greetings from Scheveningen’ at The Hague’s Historical Museum (until 11 November)
- Ai Weiwei: Relating to Refugees (until 31 December)
Upcoming dates for your diary!
- Pandas: A New Story at Omniversum (8 October)
- Maurithuis Exhibition of Dutch Masters from British Country Houses (10 October)
- Le Foulard by Lucy Hopkins (11 October)
- Wanderlust 2018: A Hop On/Hop Off Music Experience (12 October)
- Mondriaan Jazz (13 October)
- Afternoon Tea Concert at the American Protestant Church (13 October)
- International Whiskey Festival (16 October)
- TheHagueOnline Dining Experience at Bistro-Mer (17 October)
- WINES AND WORDS: Blending Wine and Literature with Love (17 OCtober)
- The U.S. Midterm Elections: What’s at Stake? (18 October)
- Willem van Oranje Exhibition @ Delft (18 October)
- India Dance Festival (19 October – 3 November)
- This Autumn Holiday: Multi-Activity Day Camps by Zein International Childcare (22 October)
- Opening of 4DX Cinema @ Scheveningen (25 October)
- Deep Agenda with Ray Mlilo @ Grote Markt (25 October)
- Royal Opera Live at Omniversum (28 October)
- Crossing Border Literature and Music Festival (30 October)
- Armando: A Retrospective Exhibition (2 November)
- Macy Gray @ Paard (5 November)
- WHEN WOMEN ARE FRIENDS @ Het Nationale Theatre by Hannah van Wieringen (26 November)
- Circus of Horrors @ Malieveld (4 January)