Welcome to your weekly summary of What’s On in The Hague!
Below you’ll find this weekend’s highlights and plenty of ways to entertain yourself over the coming weekend. There’s a list of upcoming items, ongoing exhibitions, sports events, socials and much more! All events take place in The Hague and surrounding areas, you can click the events or links for more information.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Wanderlust 2018: A Hop On/Hop Off Music Experience (12 October)
The famous Residentie Orkest (The Hague Symphony Orchestra) and the Zuiderstrandtheater have joined their experience to organise a unique one evening festival: WANDERLUST: a Hop On/Hop Off Music Experience. Get ready for an evening of wandering in and around the Zuiderstrandtheater, the theatre by the sea. Meet new friends, hang out with familiar faces, explore fresh music styles, grab a bite, have a drink or two and maybe even try your hand at making some music yourself!
Mondriaan Jazz (13 October)
Mondriaan Jazz, the cutting-edge jazz festival that takes place in The Hague, announces the complete line-up of its second edition. New to the lineup is a special supergroup composed with Revive Music (Blue Note Records) around one of the most wanted drummers of the moment: Marcus Gilmore. Furthermore, a unique and one-off show from all-rounder Binkbeats and keyboardist Niels Broos who will be on stage for this occasion with one of their great sources of inspiration, Lars Horntveth (Norway), aka Jaga Jazzist. The program is further supplemented with a screening of Makaya McCraven’s documentary and DJ’s SOUSA and Thelonious & Onno Paloma.
October 13 you can enjoy a delightful Afternoon Tea concert at the The American Protestant Church of The Hague with a performance by ‘Amstel Quartet’, the world’s most colorful saxophone quartet
Irish Club Annual Golf Tournament (14 October)
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Le Foulard by STET – Last Tickets! (11 October)
- Gaelic Football Workshop for 4-16 year olds (13 October)
- MONO In Store Live Music Event (14 October)
Ongoing events around the city:
- Go Food Tours Leiden (18 August onwards)
- Duivenvoorde Castle (until 26 October)
- Top Exhibitions at 12 Museums for Feest aan Zee (until 31 October)al
- ‘Greetings from Scheveningen’ at The Hague’s Historical Museum (until 11 November)
- Ai Weiwei: Relating to Refugees (until 31 December)
- Meet and Greet Influencers at COMM (until 26 January)
Upcoming dates for your diary!
- International Whiskey Festival (16 October)
- TheHagueOnline Dining Experience at Bistro-Mer (17 October)
- Experience the Golden Age with Ooievaart Den Haag (17 October)
- WINES AND WORDS: Blending Wine and Literature with Love (17 October)
- The U.S. Midterm Elections: What’s at Stake? (18 October)
- Sea Sights Festival (18 October)
- Willem van Oranje Exhibition @ Delft (18 October)
- Festival de Betovering (19 October)
- India Dance Festival (19 October – 3 November)
- This Autumn Holiday: Multi-Activity Day Camps by Zein International Childcare (22 October)
- Opening of 4DX Cinema @ Scheveningen (25 October)
- Deep Agenda with Ray Mlilo @ Grote Markt (25 October)
- Royal Opera Live at Omniversum (28 October)
- Crossing Border Literature and Music Festival (30 October)
- Armando: A Retrospective Exhibition (2 November)
- Macy Gray @ Paard (5 November)
- Connecting Women October Gathering (6 November)
- American Women’s Club Holiday Bazaar 2018 (10 October)
- WHEN WOMEN ARE FRIENDS @ Het Nationale Theatre by Hannah van Wieringen (26 November)
- Garden Mum’s Rock’N’Roll Circus 2018 at O’Caseys (30 November)
- Circus of Horrors @ Malieveld (4 January)