Welcome to your weekly summary of What’s On in The Hague!
Below you’ll find this weekend’s highlights and plenty of ways to entertain yourself over the coming weekend. There’s a list of upcoming items, ongoing exhibitions, sports events, socials and much more! All events take place in The Hague and surrounding areas, you can click the events or links for more information.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
TINK Amazing Shop Windows The Hague (7-25 December)
TINK illuminates Downtown The Hague and makes shopping in the winter even more special! From Saturday 8 December , the shop windows in the city center of The Hague will be transformed into beautiful works of art and you can vote for your most beautiful shop window. These can be admired until Christmas Day, December 25th.
Jack and the Beanstalk (7-9 December)
Believe it or not, the AATG is ready for the pantomime in December 2018! The group have booked the Theater aan het Spui from 6th to 9th December, where they are pleased to announce that they will be staging “Jack and the Beanstalk”, specially authored for the AATG by the team that brought you “Robin Hood”, “Cinderella: Shaken not Stirred” and “Beauty and the Beast”; from seasoned husband-and-wife writing/directing team of John and Jenny Hall.
Carol Singing in the Hof van Wouw (8 December)
In the middle of the busy city of The Hague, the Hof is a haven of peace, a mere 5 minute walk from the Bijenkorf! The 17th century courtyard and garden lovely at any time, is particularly special when beautifully lit and decorated for the Christmas season.
Hofkwartier Wintermarkt (9 December)
This year the atmospheric Christmas market in ‘Dickens style’ will again take place around the Grote Kerk The Hague: in the Prinsestraat, Molstraat, Papestraat, (Korte) Molensraat and Annastraat you will find lots of cozy stalls and wooden houses full of great presents, fashion, accessories, trinkets and delicacies. The ideal opportunity to shop unique Christmas presents!
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Irish Club Netherlands Christmas Party (8 December)
- Katvanger in The Hague (9 December)
- Radar Love Exhibition (9 December)
Ongoing events around the city:
- The Hague Highlights: Keys of Light (Thurs-Sat until 15 December)
- Praising Geometrical Abstraction by Gregory Dubus (until 28 December)
- Ai Weiwei: Relating to Refugees (until 31 December)
- Ijsvrij Park Festival (30 November – 6 January)
- Dutch Masters from British Country Houses (until 6 January)
- Cool Event Scheveningen (until 20 January)
- Meet and Greet Influencers at COMM (until 26 January)
- STORM at Panorama Mesdag (until 3 March)
- Willem van oranje Exhibition @ Delft (until 3 March)
- Armando: A Retrospective Exhibition (until 10 March)
- Theosophy Talks 2018-2019 (weekly until 12 May)
Upcoming dates for your diary!
- Royal Christmas Fair The Hague (13 December)
- Turning on the Christmas Tree Lights at Lange Voorhout (13 December)
- Repair Cafe (15 December)
- Night Travel by STET (15-16 December)
- Christmas Concert 2018 by the American Protestant Church Choir (16 December)
- TAIKA Choir Christmas Concert (16 December)
- Behind the Music at Paard: Spike (16 December)
- Christmas Concert @ Haagse Kunstkring (16 December)
- Italian Catholic Mission Charity Christmas Concert(16 December)
- The Cecilia International Choir of The Hague – Christmas Carol Concerts (18 December)
- XXL-Mas 2018 with ACKU and The Hague University of Applied Sciences (20 December)
- The English Theatre: A Christmas Carol (21 December)
- Festive Day Camps by Zein International Childcare (21 December)
- Circus of Horrors @ Malieveld (4 January)
- 48th International Film Festival Rotterdam 2019 (23 January – 3 February)
- The John Adams Institute presents: Christiane Amanpour (25 January – date changed)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12 July)