Welcome to your weekly summary of What’s On in The Hague!
Below you’ll find this weekend’s highlights and plenty of ways to entertain yourself over the coming weekend. There’s a list of upcoming items, ongoing exhibitions, sports events, socials and much more! All events take place in The Hague and surrounding areas, you can click the events or links for more information.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Carnivale The Hague (27-30 December)
Festival Carnivale The Hague offers a winter fairground of yesteryear with fun and entertainment from all corners of the world. Discover a magical world in the Huijgenspark in The Hague with thousands of lights, artists, warmth and cosiness. Crazy, beautiful tents that you enter to make bizarre things with it. During the day it is fun for the whole family, and in the evening the raw edges open up in the shadow of the flames in the fire pits…
National Fireworks in Rotterdam (31 December)
Like every year, the biggest firework show of The Netherlands can be found in Rotterdam. This year The Rotterdam Philharmonic will play a specially made composition during the National Firework Display.
New Year’s Dive @ Scheveningen (1 January)
More than 50,000 brave individuals will enter the ice-cold water during the 60th edition of the New Year’s dive. Unox treats everyone to an iconic orange party hat and classic pea soup along with a vegetarian option for the first time!
Ijsvrij Park Festival (until 6 January)
For the second year in a row, the IJsvrij Park Festival is here! From the 30th of November 2018 until the 6th of January 2019 a romantic, roofed ice rink will appear in the middle of The Park by the Euromast. Lonely Planet ranked the ice rink in the top three of the most beautiful ice rinks in Europe and many visitors compare it to the rink in Central Park, New York. The ice rink will be even bigger than last year.
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Ai Weiwei: Relating to Refugees (until 31 December)
- Dutch Masters from British Country Houses (until 6 January)
- Cool Event Scheveningen (until 20 January)
Ongoing events around the city:
- DELA Beach Volleyball Open (1 January)
- Burns Night with St Andrew’s Society (25 January)
- Meet and Greet Influencers at COMM (until 26 January)
- STORM at Panorama Mesdag (until 3 March)
- Willem van oranje Exhibition @ Delft (until 3 March)
- Armando: A Retrospective Exhibition (until 10 March)
- Theosophy Talks 2018-2019 (weekly until 12 May)
Upcoming dates for your diary!
- NYE Viva Las Vegas @ Paard (31 December)
- Champagne Sky Ball (31 December)
- Circus of Horrors @ Malieveld (4 January)
- City Ball Delft – Jubilee Edition (5 January)
- This is Jackson’s Thriller (11 January)
- 48th International Film Festival Rotterdam 2019 (23 January – 3 February)
- The John Adams Institute presents: Christiane Amanpour (25 January – date changed)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12 July)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)