Welcome to your weekly summary of What’s On in The Hague!
Below you’ll find this weekend’s highlights and plenty of ways to entertain yourself over the coming weekend. There’s a list of upcoming items, ongoing exhibitions, sports events, socials and much more! All events take place in The Hague and surrounding areas, you can click the events or links for more information.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
This is Jackson’s Thriller (11 January)
In 1982 the album THRILLER! An icon in pop music, groundbreaking in all areas. The album catapulted MJ to unprecedented fame. In January and February 2019, THRILLER will take center stage during the This Is Jackson club tour.
Sombroek Golf Academy Golf Clinics (12 January)
Are you looking for a good way to keep your swing in shape or have you ever wanted to start playing Golf? This winter TheHagueOnline is organising a series of Golf Clinics with Sombroek Golf Academy where you can work on your golf game with PGA qualified Golf Instruction.
Theosophy Talk: Euthanasia and Organ Donation (13 January)
English spoken Theosophy Talks are held monthly from October until May on every second Sunday afternoon at The Blavastkyhouse, De Ruijterstraat 74 in The Hague. The Talks start at 2 p.m. The doors open from 1:30 p.m. and the Talks come to an end at around 4 p.m. Admission is always free and naturally there will be every opportunity to ask questions.
Judith Hill @ Boerderij (13 January)
Your career gets off to a real nice start when your resume states that you were a background singer with artists like Stevie Wonder, Elton John and Michael Jackson. Being described by Rolling Stone as “stellar powerhouse vocals” doesn’t hurt either. For Judith Hill it’s just business as usual. Her story was already portrayed in the film ‘Twenty Feet From Stardom’ from director Morgan Neville, a story that puts background singers in the spotlight.
Ongoing events around the city:
- Cool Event Scheveningen (until 20 January)
- Meet and Greet Influencers at COMM (until 26 January)
- Willem van oranje Exhibition @ Delft (until 3 March)
- Armando: A Retrospective Exhibition (until 10 March)
- Theosophy Talks 2018-2019 (weekly until 12 May)
Upcoming dates for your diary!
- The Arts Society The Hague presents: ‘The Gods of Egypt by Tanja van der Zon (15 January)
- Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow (18 January)
- STET Theatre presents: Woke by Apphia Campbell and Meredith Yarbrough (23 January)
- 48th International Film Festival Rotterdam 2019 (23 January – 3 February)
- The Shah of Holland (25 January)
- Burns Night with St Andrew’s Society (25 January)
- Winter Beer Festival in Leiden (27 January)
- The John Adams Institute presents: Christiane Amanpour (25 January – date changed)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12 July)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)