Welcome to your weekly summary of What’s On in The Hague!
Below you’ll find this weekend’s highlights and plenty of ways to entertain yourself over the coming weekend. There’s a list of upcoming items, ongoing exhibitions, sports events, socials and much more! All events take place in The Hague and surrounding areas, you can click the events or links for more information.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Feel at Home Fair 2019 (3 February)
Bringing Communities Together
The Feel at Home Fair is the biggest gathering of the international community in the Netherlands. Over 4000 people, representing more than 100 nationalities, come together to share their experience of life in Holland and make connections locally.
The Fair is unique in its ability to bring together the enormous variety of exhibitors, presenters, performers and players that represent our diverse community. More than any event, it fosters links and bridges between these different groups and shows the connected community in our region.
All interests and pastimes
Around half of the 150 stands at the Feel at Home Fair are sport, social and community groups representing all manner of hobbies and pastimes for every age. If you wish to play football or play the saxophone, play Mah-jong or play the villain in the Christmas panto… you’ll find others who share your interest at the Fair.
Uniting and sharing
A dizzying array of culturally diverse groups share the activity or interest which unites their work, school, sport or social community with visitors to the Fair. The interaction between stand holders and visitors, and the interconnections between the many different communities, create the special warmth and atmosphere for which the Feel at Home Fair is known and appreciated.
The Fair is a celebration of the uniquely connected international community which exists in this region.
Tickets are free!
Symphonic Junction: Chansons Magnifiques (2 February)
Philippe Elan is one of the great chansonniers in this country and an Edison Award winner. Elan joins the Residentie Orkest to bring you a vibrant, hot-blooded, romantic evening. Be captivated by the unforgettable chansons of Edith Piaf, Charles Aznavour, Jacques Brel and Ramses Shaffy. Book your tickets now for a romantic date at Paard.
Interview with Author Guillermo Arriaga (2 February)
Guillermo Arriaga (1958, Mexico City) is author, screenwriter, director and producer. When he was thirteen, he lost his sense of smell in a fierce street fight that would later serve as one of the inspiration coupons for his work. He has become known among other things for the award-winning films Amores Perros, 21 Grams and Babel.
Ongoing events around the city:
- 48th International Film Festival Rotterdam 2019 (23 January – 3 February)
- Cadance 2019 (25 January – 9 February)
- Sombroek Golf Academy Golf Clinics (selected dates until 14 March)
- Willem van oranje Exhibition @ Delft (until 3 March)
- Armando: A Retrospective Exhibition (until 10 March)
- Theosophy Talks 2018-2019 (weekly until 12 May)
Upcoming dates for your diary!
- Innovating Justice Forum 2019 (5-6 February)
- Cam Penner & Jon Wood at Acoustic Alley (8 February)
- ABN AMRO Tennis Tournament (9-17 February)
- PERFECT, based on the book by Nicola Davies and Cathy Fisher (15-16 February)
- This February Break: Multi-Activity Day Camps by Zein International Childcare (18 February-1 March)
- Tony Hadley @ Boerderij (23 February)
- APCH Scratch Choir Concert (23 February)
- Secret Garden Winter Festival Rotterdam (1-3 March)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12 July)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)