Welcome to your weekly summary of What’s On in The Hague!
Below you’ll find this weekend’s highlights and plenty of ways to entertain yourself over the coming weekend. There’s a list of upcoming items, ongoing exhibitions, sports events, socials and much more! All events take place in The Hague and surrounding areas, you can click the events or links for more information.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Explore Festival 2019 (12-27 March, various dates)
Explore Festival is a series of internationally-acclaimed dance and theatre performances from faraway regions overseas will be held in March 2019 – the festival spans 7 major cities so check the website if you can’t make a date in The Hague! The festival presents a snapshot of leading-edge world theatre, full of surprising perspectives, challenging opinions and crystal-clear vistas, accompanied by an extensive fringe programme.
Hoogtij #56 (15 March)
During Hoogtij#56 you can visit more than 21 art locations throughout the inner city of the Hague on Friday evening from 19.00-23.00; you can go alone or under the guidance of a Hoogtij guide. Hoogtij starts from West Den Haag (Lange Voorhout 102) at 18.00 with a lovely soup.
St Patrick’s Day in The Hague (17 March)
On Sunday March 17, The Hague will go green again for this famous Irish national holiday. For the 9th time in a row the festival on the Grote Markt takes place with Irish bands, shows of the best Irish dance schools in Europe, traditional dishes, Guinness on tap and an extensive Dramtune whiskey tasting.
Equinox Jazz @ Restaurant Pavlov and Grand Cafe Victoria (16-17 March and weekly)
Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays at various locations in The Hague!
Sundays in March at Pavlov start with a bang with special concerts featuring a meeting between two of the world’s best jazz guitarists; New York native and international superstar Peter Bernstein, and Holland’s own Martijn v. Iterson. You can currently find the band on Thursday (6-8pm) & Saturday (10pm-12:30pm) evenings at Grand Cafe Victoria (Prins Hendrikplein 10).
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Workshop: How to Make a Powerful Impact through Effective Communication (14 March)
- TAIKA Finnish Female Choir and Guests Chorus Marinus Male Ensemble (16 March)
- Jazz op ‘t Dak @ World Forum (16 March)
- Tomb of the Ordinary Man Exhibition (until 17 March)
- Anne Geene and Arjan de Nooy @ Gemeente Museum Den Haag (until 17 March)
Ongoing events around the city:
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (available various dates)
- Jeroen Eisinga Film Exhibition @ De Electriciteitsfabriek (until 7 April)
- Theosophy Talks 2018-2019 (14 April, weekly until 12 May)
- ACCESS Ask The Experts Sessions in Utrecht (14 March then monthly)
- NatGeo Photo Exhibition at Lange Voorhout (until 27 April)
Upcoming dates for your diary!
- Integration Chatroom: 6th Edition (20 March)
- World Storytelling Day 2019 (20 March)
- FED Expat Drinks: Start of Spring Edition (22 March)
- Movies That Matter Festival 2019 (22-30 March)
- Residentie Orkest Tribute to Louis Andriessen (23 March)
- Charity Murder Mystery Dinner 2019 (23 March)
- Pas de Deux | Scapino Ballet Rotterdam & Michiel Borstlap (24 March)
- ACCESS: Welcome to Delft (29 March)
- Scary Bikers: Queen’s English Theatre Company (5-10 April)
- Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour (12 April)
- Exhibition: Celebrating 50 Years of MOJO (12 April – 1 September)
- Gin Festival The Hague (13 April)
- AWC Re-Building Lives Benefit (13 April)
- Yom Hasjoa Memorial and Remembrance @ Kloosterkerk (28 April)
- Welcome to The Hague with the International Centre (6 June, 12 Sep, 29 Nov)
- Boekids Literature Festival 2019 (9-10 June)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12 July)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)