Welcome to your weekly summary of What’s On in The Hague!
Below you’ll find this weekend’s highlights and plenty of ways to entertain yourself over the coming weekend. There’s a list of upcoming items, ongoing exhibitions, sports events, socials and much more! All events take place in The Hague and surrounding areas, you can click the events or links for more information.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Movies That Matter Festival 2019 (22-30 March)
The Movies that Matter Festival presents eight films about legal dilemmas, truth-finding and the struggle for justice in the Camera Justitia competition program. The feature films and documentaries are followed by interviews with makers and experts. During the Camera Justitia Night on 28 March, a five-member international jury awarded the Camera Justitia Award and €5,000 to the director of the winning film.
On the 29 March 2019 (possibly), the UK says ‘so long and thanks for all the fish” to the EU and, of course, The Netherlands. A protest has been organised in London to demand a people’s vote on the issue; the ‘Put it to the People’ march. Not everyone is able to travel to London for the march, so British in the Netherlands invite you to a picnic in Vondelpark, Amsterdam, to celebrate Dutch-British and European friendship; on Saturday 23 March at 13:00; ‘Picnic with the People’.
Traditional Balkan Music from Yoik Choir (23-24 March)
Yoik will perform a beautiful collection of traditional folk music. It mainly covers music from the Balkan countries with songs in Croatian, Bulgarian, Georgian and even the extinct language Aramaic, you will hear an enormous diversity in music in two churches in The Hague.
In the choreography of Ed Wubbe the live piano music by Michiel Borstlap is the engine for dance. ‘Pas de Deux’ is a dance concert in which two worlds come together. The music of Michiel Borstlap is crystal clear and impressive because of its simplicity and harmony. Wubbe’s dance is expressive, disruptive and dynamic.
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Integration Chatroom: 6th Edition (20 March)
- World Storytelling Day 2019 (20 March)
- Dan Stuart & Don Antonio Gramentieri @ Acoustic Alley (22 March)
- FED Expat Drinks: Start of Spring Edition (22 March)
- Residentie Orkest Tribute to Louis Andriessen (23 March)
- Charity Murder Mystery Dinner 2019 (23 March)
- Dubious Blues with Katvanger (24 March)
Ongoing events around the city:
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (available various dates)
- Explore Festival 2019 (until 27 March)
- Jeroen Eisinga Film Exhibition @ De Electriciteitsfabriek (until 7 April)
- Theosophy Talks 2018-2019 (14 April then weekly until 12 May)
- ACCESS Ask The Experts Sessions in Utrecht (14 March then monthly)
- NatGeo Photo Exhibition at Lange Voorhout (until 27 April)
- HERE/NOW: Current Visions from Colombia (until 30 June)
Upcoming dates for your diary!
- ACCESS: Welcome to Delft (29 March)
- Crea Weekend – Creative Expo (5-7 April)
- UK Boarding School Open Day (6 April)
- Statenkwartier ArtRoute 2019 (6-7 April)
- Scary Bikers: Queen’s English Theatre Company (5-10 April)
- Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour (12 April)
- Exhibition: Celebrating 50 Years of MOJO (12 April – 1 September)
- Gin Festival The Hague (13 April)
- The History of The Hague Day (13 April)
- AWC Re-Building Lives Benefit (13 April)
- DISC Storytelling Event: Fairytales and Myths (27 April)
- Yom Hasjoa Memorial and Remembrance @ Kloosterkerk (28 April)
- Welcome to The Hague with the International Centre (6 June, 12 Sep, 29 Nov)
- Boekids Literature Festival 2019 (9-10 June)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12 July)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)