Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Jewish History Boat Tour (4 May)
On Saturday May 4th there will be a boat tour about the Jewish History of The Hague. In the weeks before the Liberation Day Festival you can visit a wide range of activities in the city. On May 5th the Dutch celebrate their freedom. They protect the freedom that they enjoy, and often take for granted… learn more about the history of the local area and its relation to Liberation Day.
Remembrance Day (5 May)
Each year a silent march takes place across Waalsdorpervlakte during Remembrance Day on 4 May. The procession forms around 19:20 from the direction of Oude Waalsdorperweg. The front section is reserved for the relatives of executed resistance fighters and for guests. The other participants follow on behind. The Bourdon Bell is sounded until just before 20:00 at Waalsdorpervlakte. The signal is followed by two minutes of silence. It is followed by the Dutch national anthem.
AtlantikWall Museum (5 May)
The Atlantikwall Museum Scheveningen feature several original German bunkers from the Second World War. The figurehead of the Atlantikwall Museum Scheveningen is the command bunker in the complex Widerstandsnest 318 (Verteidigungsstab Badhuisweg). A man-bunker has also been set up in this complex and a toilet bunker has been made accessible. On regular open days it is possible to visit the command bunker, and there are volunteers ready to provide information and answer questions.
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Keukenhof Spring Opening 2019: Flower Power! (until 18 May)
Ongoing events in the region
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (available various dates)
- ACCESS Ask The Experts Sessions in Utrecht (9 May then monthly)
- Exhibition: The Art Nouveau Book Binding (until 23 June)
- HERE/NOW: Current Visions from Colombia (until 30 June)
- Yayoi Kusama @ Museum Voorlinden (until 1 September)
- Exhibition: Celebrating 50 Years of MOJO (until 1 September)
- From The Highest Point – Exhibition @ Panorama Mesdag (until 22 September)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- IFC Wassenaar Trials (5 and 12 May)
- Classical Encounters 2019 (8-12 May)
- Residentie Orkest Meets Charlie Chaplin (11 May)
- The Hague Cocktail Week 2019 (11-19 May)
- Theosophy Talks 2018-2019 (12 May)
- John Adams Institute presents: Blockchain: The Next Everything (13 May)
- LinkedIn Local – The Hague (16 May)
- Dutch Beer Week (16-26 May)
- JOY Asian Street Food Festival (17-19 May)
- Museumnight Leiden (18 May)
- ’16 Minutes’ by Matteo Pasquini (18 May)
- Eurovision Song Contest Party with The Hague International Network (18 May)
- Ride for Rights – Sponsored Cycle (18 May)
- Art Nouveau and Art Deco City Tours (19 May)
- Apollo 11 @ Omniversum (21 May – 9 June)
- Cycle Paris: Ride with a Mission (23-27 May)
- Hoogtij #57 – The Cultural Tour in The Hague (24 May)
- I Know a Man who Knew a World Without Plastic (25 May)
- TAIKA: Life Full of Song Summer Concert (26 May)
- Project Landing – Discover South Holland (26 May, 16 and 29 June)
- The John Adam Institute presents: Barry Eichengreen (27 May)
- Welcome to The Hague with the International Centre (6 June, 12 Sep, 29 Nov)
- Boekids Literature Festival 2019 (9-10 June)
- Festival Classique (13-23 June)
- Orange Apple Day (15 June)
- Open Ateliers Duinoord (15-16 June)
- Fathers’ Day Boat Tours (16 June)
- 2019 KLM Den Haag Urban Trail (7 July)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12 July)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)
- Live on the Beach feat. KEANE (7 September)