Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Cutting Edge Jazz Festival 2019 (17 May)
On Friday, the Cutting Edge Jazz festival will take place in The Hague for the sixth time and for the third time in De Nieuwe Regentes, our unique theater for and through the neighborhood that turns out to be an ideal location for this festival time and again. Also this edition the Cutting Edge Jazz festival explores the boundaries between jazz and other musical genres and surprises the festival with a mix of local, national and international top musicians.
On Plein in The Hague is a large greenhouse with fascinating stories about plants and seeds. Do you also come to listen, research, experience, taste, learn, admire, experience, discover and feel why plants and seeds are so fascinating and important?
Museumnight Leiden (18 May)
Museum Night Leiden: the night with a touch of gold. During the Museum Night Leiden ten museums will offer programs through which the visitors can experience all the museums fantastic collections in an exciting new manner. The Museum Night shows you the museums in Leiden illuminated by a glowing night light. Organised by students, for everyone.
JOY Asian Street Food Festival (17-19 May)
Sushi lovers, Asian Street Food, karaoke and relaxation massages can indulge in Asian delicacies in May, marvel at the richly decorated grounds and enjoy the accompanying entertainment and a DJ who entertains in the evenings. This year, dozens of food trucks serve a varied selection of the tastiest Asian Street Food dishes on the Lange Voorhout for three days. Sushi & Asian Street Food Festival JOY is free and suitable for all ages.
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Michael Jackson Tribute (15 May)
- LinkedIn Local – The Hague (16 May)
- Dutch Beer Week (16-26 May)
- FED Expat Drinks (17 May)
- ’16 Minutes’ by Matteo Pasquini (18 May)
- Eurovision Song Contest Party with The Hague International Network (18 May)
- Ride for Rights – Sponsored Cycle (18 May)
- Art Nouveau and Art Deco City Tours (19 May)
Ongoing events in the region
- Blended Images Exhibition @ Haagse Kunstkring (until 26 May)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (available various dates)
- Japanese Garden Open Days (until 10 June)
- EARTH: Art Exhibit at Voorburg (until 13 June)
- Exhibition: The Art Nouveau Book Binding (until 23 June)
- Dalí and Chagall in Bible Art Exhibition (until 30 June)
- HERE/NOW: Current Visions from Colombia (until 30 June)
- Yayoi Kusama @ Museum Voorlinden (until 1 September)
- Exhibition: Celebrating 50 Years of MOJO (until 1 September)
- From The Highest Point – Exhibition @ Panorama Mesdag (until 22 September)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- Apollo 11 @ Omniversum (21 May – 9 June)
- Free Volunteer Workshop: “Rediscovering Unities in Cultures” (21 May)
- Asbury Park @ Omniversum (22 May)
- Pint of Science @ Rootz (22 May)
- Cycle Paris: Ride with a Mission (23-27 May)
- International City Podium 2019 (23 May)
- Urban Bugs: An Exhibition (24 May – 17 August)
- Hoogtij #57 – The Cultural Tour in The Hague (24 May)
- I Know a Man who Knew a World Without Plastic (25 May)
- Amsterdam Pizza Festival (25-26 May)
- TAIKA: Life Full of Song Summer Concert (26 May)
- Project Landing – Discover South Holland (26 May, 16 and 29 June)
- German Library: Reading from Author Christian Kössler (27 May)
- The John Adam Institute presents: Barry Eichengreen (27 May)
- Vestrock Festival (31 May – 2 June)
- Welcome to The Hague with the International Centre (6 June, 12 Sep, 29 Nov)
- Boekids Literature Festival 2019 (9-10 June)
- ACCESS Ask The Experts Sessions in Utrecht (13 June, monthly)
- Festival Classique (13-23 June)
- Orange Apple Day (15 June)
- Open Ateliers Duinoord (15-16 June)
- Fathers’ Day Boat Tours (16 June)
- Sail op Scheveningen (20-23 June)
- 2019 KLM Den Haag Urban Trail (7 July)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12 July)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)
- Open Air Theatre: The Tempest and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (28 August – 1 September)
- Live on the Beach feat. KEANE (7 September)