Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Tong Tong Fair 2019 (until 2 June)
The Tong Tong Fair is rooted in the Indian capital of the world, The Hague, and originates from the Pasar Malam Tong-Tong / Besar. We are a current mix of East and West, always on the move. We continue to develop Indian culture through being together and creativity. The Tong Tong Fair: inspiring, relaxed and welcoming. Since 1959!
Most people either don’t notice them, swat them away or cruelly stamp on them: insects. But these tiny creatures actually deserve our praises or even a medal. Without insects, many of our crops wouldn’t thrive. Without insects, the soil would be infertile. In fact without insects, would there even be life? Nobody knows the answer to this question, but one thing is patently clear: insects are vital – including in our cities, and yes, also in The Hague. Bring the family to Het Nutshuis to take a closer look at these wonderful, useful urban bugs.
Sniester 2019 (24-26 May)
Paard and Grote Markt are joining forces again for the Sniester Festival that will take place on 24th, 25th and 26th of May in the Pop district of The Hague. From 24 to 26 May 2019 Sniester will experience its sixth edition in the pop district of The Hague’s city centre.
Amsterdam Pizza Festival (25-26 May)
The most delicious festival in the Netherlands for the whole family! Imagine yourself in southern Europe and treat yourself to delicious pizzas and fine wines. Come and experience the best of Italy in the Rembrandtpark in Amsterdam. Coziness with only top pizzerias. La Dolce Vita has never been so close!
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Canadian Biographer Rosemary Sullivan on ‘Stalin’s Daughter’ (22 May)
- Pint of Science @ Rootz (22 May)
- Cycle Paris: Ride with a Mission (23-27 May)
- International City Podium 2019 (23 May)
- Steam Power @ Theater in de Steeg (24 May)
- Mahler’s 5th from Residentie Orkest (24 May)
- Hoogtij #57 – The Cultural Tour in The Hague (24 May)
- I Know a Man who Knew a World Without Plastic (25 May)
- TAIKA: Life Full of Song Summer Concert (26 May)
- Project Landing – Discover South Holland (26 May, 16 and 29 June)
- Blended Images Exhibition @ Haagse Kunstkring (ends 26 May)
Ongoing events in the region
- Apollo 11 @ Omniversum (until 9 June)
- Japanese Garden Open Days (until 10 June)
- EARTH: Art Exhibit at Voorburg (until 13 June)
- Exhibition: The Art Nouveau Book Binding (until 23 June)
- Dalí and Chagall in Bible Art Exhibition (until 30 June)
- HERE/NOW: Current Visions from Colombia (until 30 June)
- Yayoi Kusama @ Museum Voorlinden (until 1 September)
- Exhibition: Celebrating 50 Years of MOJO (until 1 September)
- From The Highest Point – Exhibition @ Panorama Mesdag (until 22 September)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (various dates)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- German Library: Reading from Author Christian Kössler (27 May)
- The John Adam Institute presents: Barry Eichengreen (27 May)
- Vestrock Festival (31 May – 2 June)
- Katvanger @ Lunchroom Den Engel (1 June)
- DISC Creative Writing Workshops (2 and 30 June)
- Asbury Park @ Omniversum (5 June)
- Welcome to The Hague with the International Centre (6 June, 12 Sep, 29 Nov)
- Boekids Literature Festival 2019 (9-10 June)
- Border Sessions Festival 2019 (12-15 June)
- ACCESS Ask The Experts Sessions in Utrecht (13 June, monthly)
- Festival Classique (13-23 June)
- Orange Apple Day (15 June)
- Open Ateliers Duinoord (15-16 June)
- Fathers’ Day Boat Tours (16 June)
- CONNECT: Leisure (17 June)
- Sail op Scheveningen (20-23 June)
- Happy Spirit Days (21-23 June)
- ShoppingNight 2019 in The Hague (28 June)
- 2019 KLM Den Haag Urban Trail (7 July)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12 July)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)
- Open Air Theatre: The Tempest and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (28 August – 1 September)
- Live on the Beach feat. KEANE (7 September)