Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Delft Fringe Festival 2019 (30 May – 10 June)
Twelve days of up-and-coming talent during the ninth edition of the Delft Fringe Festival. The Prinsenstad will once again be dominated by one of the most important and largest theatre festivals in the Netherlands. With 225 hours of performances, the Delft Fringe Festival offers the ideal theatrical binge-watch marathon during this summer.
North Sea Regatta is The Hague’s annual sailing festival. Every Whitsun weekend, Scheveningen is transformed into the epicentre of Dutch competitive sailing. There will be all kinds of boats, with a total of around 1,500 sailors heading for the coast of The Hague.
Le Marie Marché (1-2 June then monthly)
From March you will find this market every first weekend of the month on Plein, in the heart of The Hague. Come shopping, drink a coffee or try a cider? Eat like God in France and find true treasures. Le Marie Marché is free and you will find lots of new handicrafts, food and more.
Aramco Beach Run (2 June)
This summer sees the Aramco Beach Run return for a third year to The Hague’s beachfront. With four distances available, there is a race for everyone! From those looking to run with their young ones – 1K family Run – through to the 15K Beast Mode Run, for those serious runners looking to push their limits! In addition, all race distances will also cater for those looking to walk.
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Heroes of Music: 3JS (31 May)
- Solo’s @ the Sea (31 May)
- Vestrock Festival (31 May – 2 June)
- Zoetermeer Blues Festival 2019 (31 May – 2 June)
- Crave Festival 2019 (31 May – 2 June)
- Katvanger @ Lunchroom Den Engel (1 June)
- Kaderock 2019 (1 June)
- Tong Tong Fair 2019 (until 2 June)
- DISC Creative Writing Workshops (2 and 30 June)
Ongoing events in the region
- Rock History Tours (1 June, 7 September, 5 October)
- Apollo 11 @ Omniversum (until 9 June)
- Japanese Garden Open Days (until 10 June)
- EARTH: Art Exhibit at Voorburg (until 13 June)
- Exhibition: The Art Nouveau Book Binding (until 23 June)
- Dalí and Chagall in Bible Art Exhibition (until 30 June)
- HERE/NOW: Current Visions from Colombia (until 30 June)
- Yayoi Kusama @ Museum Voorlinden (until 1 September)
- Exhibition: Celebrating 50 Years of MOJO (until 1 September)
- From The Highest Point – Exhibition @ Panorama Mesdag (until 22 September)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (various dates)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- Asbury Park @ Omniversum (5 June)
- Welcome to The Hague with the International Centre (6 June, 12 Sep, 29 Nov)
- Haagse Wereld Hapjes – a world food event! (7-10 June)
- Boekids Literature Festival 2019 (9-10 June)
- Border Sessions Festival 2019 (12-15 June)
- ACCESS Ask The Experts Sessions in Utrecht (13 June, monthly)
- Festival Classique (13-23 June)
- A Symphonic Tribute to Pink Floyd (15 June)
- Orange Apple Day (15 June)
- Open Ateliers Duinoord (15-16 June)
- Fathers’ Day Boat Tours (16 June)
- CONNECT: Leisure (17 June)
- Sail op Scheveningen (20-23 June)
- Happy Spirit Days (21-23 June)
- ShoppingNight 2019 in The Hague (28 June)
- 2019 KLM Den Haag Urban Trail (7 July)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12 July)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)
- Open Air Theatre: The Tempest and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (28 August – 1 September)
- Live on the Beach feat. KEANE (7 September)