Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
50th Poetry International Festival Rotterdam (13-16 June)
The Poetry International Festival Rotterdam will be 50 this year! It is the oldest festival in the city, one of the oldest in the country, with a wealth of history and highlights. Nobel prize-winning poets were on the Poetry venues as young talents, the festival being an example and founding father of poetry festivals worldwide. Poetry International celebrates this anniversary with an extra festive festival edition in the Doelen where the festival first took place in 1970.
Vlaggetjesdag (‘Flag Day’) is the event that heralds the arrival of the New Dutch herring year in, year out. Whether or not you are a fish enthusiast, Vlaggetjesdag in the port of Scheveningen offers something for everyone!
Orange Apple Day (15 June)
On Saturday 15 June . everyone is welcome again at the age-old Hof van Wouw (1647) in The Hague for the celebration of an animated “Orange apple day” in her Garden of the Hesperides. The intoxicating scent and full splendour of the orange apple trees and the many vegetables, fruit varieties and herbs from days
North Sea Beach Rugby 2019 (15-16 June)
As an organisation we are working hard to allow everyone to experience weekend of top Beach Rugby.
A weekend where everything revolves around the promotion of the sport! In addition to Professional Sports and grassroots sports, the program includes also clinics. These will be provided by foreign trainers during the week prior to the event. But there will also be opportunities for clinics during the Beach Rugby days.
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Haringparty! (13 June)
- ACCESS Ask The Experts Sessions in Utrecht (13 June, monthly)
- Festival Classique (13-23 June)
- Friday Night with Matangi (14 June)
- Anime Fest 2019 (14-16 June)
- Out of Africa Summer Ball (15 June)
- Architecture Day The Hague 2019 (15 June)
- A Symphonic Tribute to Pink Floyd (15 June)
- Border Sessions Festival 2019 (until 15 June)
- A Concert of Friends: Charity Concert (15 June)
- Open Ateliers Duinoord (15-16 June)
- International Day Of Yoga 2019 (16 June)
- Fathers’ Day Boat Tours (16 June)
Ongoing events in the region
- Exhibition: The Art Nouveau Book Binding (until 23 June)
- Dalí and Chagall in Bible Art Exhibition (until 30 June)
- HERE/NOW: Current Visions from Colombia (until 30 June)
- Urban Bugs: An Exhibition (until 17 August)
- Yayoi Kusama @ Museum Voorlinden (until 1 September)
- Exhibition: Celebrating 50 Years of MOJO (until 1 September)
- From The Highest Point – Exhibition @ Panorama Mesdag (until 22 September)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (various dates)
- Le Marie Marché (monthly)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- CONNECT: Leisure (17 June)
- Sail op Scheveningen (20-23 June)
- John Adams Institute Presents: Hendrik Meijer (20 June)
- Andrea Ehret Exhibition @ WTC (20 June)
- Happy Spirit Days (21-23 June)
- Celebrate Beachclub Indigo’s Birthday on the Beach (22 June)
- New York State of Mind (22 June)
- ShoppingNight 2019 in The Hague (28 June)
- ParkPop Weekend 2019 (28-30 June)
- DISC Creative Writing Workshops (30 June)
- Metropolis Festival 2019 (30 June)
- Woodstock Legends in Concert – Final Dates in The Hague! (30 June)
- Groot Hart Festival on the Reinkenstraat (30 June)
- 2019 KLM Den Haag Urban Trail (7 July)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12 July)
- I Know a Man who Knew a World Without Plastic (20 July)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)
- Open Air Theatre: The Tempest and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (28 August – 1 September)
- Live on the Beach feat. KEANE (7 September)
- Rock History Tours (7 September, 5 October)
- Hofstad Hop 2019 (27-29 September)