Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Festival Classique (13-23 June)
Festival Classique opens Thursday evening June 13, 2019 on the Zuiderstrand of Scheveningen with the new beach opera ‘Aida aan Zee’. For this performance, which is being performed three times, the festival brings together more than 350 musicians and dancers. The thirteenth edition of Festival Classique includes dozens of performances and concerts from 13 to 23 June in the Kurhaus, on the beach, in the harbor, on the boulevard and in the Ferris wheel.
Scheveningen is once again the finish of a major international maritime event. Dozens of large sailing ships will be coming to the resort from 20 to 23 June this year, because this is where the Liberty Tall Ships Regatta finishes. Ten to fifteen classic windjammers and around twenty medium-sized sea sailing ships come to Scheveningen for this event.
Happy Spirit Days (21-23 June)
With the success of the first two editions still fresh in the memory, the Happy Spirit Days 2019 are just around the corner. The charming festival again promises three days full of leading speakers, contemporary workshops and performances in an atmospheric and intimate setting. You can follow a yin yoga class with live drums, harp or a DJ, catch your breath with renowned breathing coach Tom van Huijstee and philosopher Stine Jensen provides eastern solutions for western problems.
On 22 June, Kamerkoor Kwintessens will perform a wonderful program of ancient and contemporary music in The Hague. In the program ‘Here I Stand’ you can hear music from Hildegard von Bingen, Arvo Pärt, David Lang, John Tavener and Jóhann Jóhannsson. Together the compositions tell the story of the human being who creates his own reality.
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Five Day Yoga Challenge in the Park (17-21 June)
- John Adams Institute Presents: Hendrik Meijer (20 June)
- Andrea Ehret Exhibition @ WTC (20 June)
- FED Expat Drinks (21 June)
- Celebrate Beachclub Indigo’s Birthday on the Beach (22 June)
- New York State of Mind (22 June)
- Exhibition: The Art Nouveau Book Binding (until 23 June)
Ongoing events in the region
- Dalí and Chagall in Bible Art Exhibition (until 30 June)
- HERE/NOW: Current Visions from Colombia (until 30 June)
- Urban Bugs: An Exhibition (until 17 August)
- Yayoi Kusama @ Museum Voorlinden (until 1 September)
- Exhibition: Celebrating 50 Years of MOJO (until 1 September)
- From The Highest Point – Exhibition @ Panorama Mesdag (until 22 September)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (various dates)
- Le Marie Marché (monthly)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- Dougie MacLean In Concert (27 June)
- ShoppingNight 2019 in The Hague (28 June)
- ParkPop Weekend 2019 (28-30 June)
- Veterans Day The Hague 2019 (29 June)
- Katvanger @ Byron Bay Lunch Café (29 June)
- Magazine Launch @ Page Not Found (29 June)
- German Library The Hague: Author Reading (29 June)
- Independence Day Picnic (30 June)
- DISC Creative Writing Workshops (30 June)
- Metropolis Festival 2019 (30 June)
- Woodstock Legends in Concert – Final Dates in The Hague! (30 June)
- Groot Hart Festival on the Reinkenstraat (30 June)
- Over Het Ij Festival 2019 (5-14 July)
- The Hague Cultural Parade 2019 (6 July)
- Ice-tastic Spectacle @ MECC Maastricht (6 July – 1 September)
- 2019 KLM Den Haag Urban Trail (7 July)
- ACCESS Ask The Experts Sessions in Utrecht (11 July, monthly)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12 July)
- I Know a Man who Knew a World Without Plastic (20 July)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)
- Open Air Theatre: The Tempest and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (28 August – 1 September)
- Live on the Beach feat. KEANE (7 September)
- Rock History Tours (7 September, 5 October)
- Hofstad Hop 2019 (27-29 September)