Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
ParkPop Weekend 2019 (28-30 June)
Get ready for a three-day festival event of music across the city! WIth plenty of free performances, a huge concert of big names and lots of different genres to dance the night away, there’s something for everyone at ParkPop Weekend.
At last, this year the city centre of The Hague gets to celebrate ShoppingNight and Parkpop Downtown on the very same day. On Friday, the biggest shopping event in the Netherlands will be all about music. An obvious choice. After all, the ‘Hofstad’ is a real music and shopping city. In cooperation with the organising team of Parkpop Downtown, it’s time for ‘ShoppingNight The Hague; Uptown Funk!’ Visitors are more than welcome to enjoy special performances, culinary treats, tastings and interesting promotions.
The Cecilia International Choir of The Hague, together with soloists, organ and instrumental accompaniment, will perform The Requiem by Maurice Duruflé en Antonio Vivaldi’s Gloria in the Nieuwe Badkapel on the Nieuwe Parklaan in Scheveningen. The soloists are: Yun Park – soprano, Eline Welle, mezzo-soprano and baritone Gulian van Nierop. David Schlaffke is the organist.
Metropolis Festival 2019 (30 June)
The Metropolis Festival is a unique event. No free festival manifests itself so specifically with unknown, but always promising talent. Since 1988 Metropolis has been introducing a large audience to striking, innovative and surprising music of high quality. The one-day festival offers a stage to talented bands and acts that are about to break through. It offers a quest through the exciting line-up of international artists with a live reputation. You should not just listen to good music, you should experience good music live!
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Dougie MacLean In Concert (27 June)
- Veterans Day The Hague 2019 (29 June)
- Magazine Launch @ Page Not Found (29 June)
- German Library The Hague: Author Reading (29 June)
- Independence Day Picnic (30 June)
- DISC Creative Writing Workshops (30 June)
- Dalí and Chagall in Bible Art Exhibition (until 30 June)
- HERE/NOW: Current Visions from Colombia (until 30 June)
Ongoing events in the region
- Urban Bugs: An Exhibition (until 17 August)
- Yayoi Kusama @ Museum Voorlinden (until 1 September)
- Exhibition: Celebrating 50 Years of MOJO (until 1 September)
- From The Highest Point – Exhibition @ Panorama Mesdag (until 22 September)
- Grote Kerk Open Days (until 28 September)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (various dates)
- Le Marie Marché (monthly)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- Woodstock Legends in Concert – Final Dates in The Hague! (30 June)
- Groot Hart Festival on the Reinkenstraat (30 June)
- German: Exhibition Opening with Artist Talk & Poems (4 July)
- Over Het Ij Festival 2019 (5-14 July)
- De Parade in The Hague (5-14 July)
- The Hague Cultural Parade 2019 (6 July)
- Ice-tastic Spectacle @ MECC Maastricht (6 July – 1 September)
- 2019 KLM Den Haag Urban Trail (7 July)
- Zeehelden Festival 2019 (10-14 July)
- ACCESS Ask The Experts Sessions in Utrecht (11 July, monthly)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12 July)
- Les Misérables @ HNT (12-14 July)
- North Sea Jazz 2019 (12-14 July)
- I Know a Man who Knew a World Without Plastic (20 July)
- IndiBurn @ Zwarte Pad (20 July)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)
- Open Air Theatre: The Tempest and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (28 August – 1 September)
- Live on the Beach feat. KEANE (7 September)
- Rock History Tours (7 September, 5 October)
- KLM Open 2019 (12-15 September)
- Hofstad Hop 2019 (27-29 September)