Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Zeehelden Festival 2019 (10-14 July)
This year’s Zeeheldenfestival takes place from Wednesday 10 July to Sunday 14 July . It is already the 39th edition. What once started as an anniversary party with some live music has become the largest neighborhood party in The Hague. And we are proud of that!
Special attention is given this year to the British jazz scene, which flourishes in a unique way. A DIY mentality, a combination of forces and a free spirit characterize British initiatives of recent years. The first-rate music is incredibly raw, energetic and danceable, and reflects the many cultures that have come together in the United Kingdom in an exciting way. Representatives of this UK jazz scene at the festival include Moses Boyd, Nubya Garcia, Dinosaur and Sons of Kemet.
Les Misérables @ HNT (12-14 July)
The masterpiece by copywriter Alain Boublil and composer Claude-Michel Schoenberg after the famous book by Victor Hugo about the class struggle in France after the fall of Napoleon, played, sung and danced by students of the jubilating Free Theater School in The Hague.
Over Het Ij Festival 2019 (until 14 July)
The Over het IJ Festivalbandje is your very best festival deal. You get ten days of access to thirty performances of the youngest generation of music makers. You also get a discount on drinking at the bar in the festival heart on presentation of a festival band. Note: you do not need a festival band to attend a regular show.
Ongoing events in the region
- Urban Bugs: An Exhibition (until 17 August)
- Yayoi Kusama @ Museum Voorlinden (until 1 September)
- Ice-tastic Spectacle @ MECC Maastricht (until 1 September)
- Exhibition: Celebrating 50 Years of MOJO (until 1 September)
- From The Highest Point – Exhibition @ Panorama Mesdag (until 22 September)
- TrashUre Hunt at Scheveningen (until 23 September)
- Grote Kerk Open Days (until 28 September)
- Sport and Play Palace @ De Uithof (until 28 September)
- Summer City Walking Tours (Saturdays until end of September)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (various dates)
- Le Marie Marché (monthly)
- Antique and Book Markets on Lange Voorhout (weekly)
- Dutch Language Cafe (weekly until 28 September)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- De Blauwe Lijn Excursion (18 July)
- Wonderfeel 2019 (19-21 July)
- IndiBurn @ Zwarte Pad (20 July)
- I Know a Man who Knew a World Without Plastic (20 July)
- Delft Ceramica 2019 (20-21 July)
- The Boat for Gays and Friends (21 July)
- Delft Chamber Music Festival (25 July – 4 August)
- Markets at the Beach (28 July and 2 August)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)
- Wild Rooster Festival 2019 (23-24 August)
- Concerts at the Castle 2019 (27 August)
- Open Air Theatre: The Tempest and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (28 August – 1 September)
- Live on the Beach feat. KEANE (7 September)
- Rock History Tours (7 September, 5 October)
- KLM Open 2019 (12-15 September)
- The Hague Peace Night Run 2019 (21 September)
- Malaika Kids Open Golf Tournament 2019 – Compete to support a worthy charity! (7 October)
- Hofstad Hop 2019 (27-29 September)