Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Wonderfeel 2019 (19-21 July)
Wonderfeel is a 3-day outdoor festival for (classical) music with the casual atmosphere of a pop festival. The 7 Wonderfeel stages are within walking distance of each other in the beautiful nature of ‘s-Graveland (near Amsterdam, NL).
Every summer, The Dutch KNVB Beach Soccer Championships take place at The Hague Beach Stadium in Scheveningen. This year, round 6 takes place on this great local beach, with previous rounds in other big cities – check the website for more. The beach soccer tournament has participants from several categories. The competition marks the end of the beach soccer season, and is expected to be a soccer spectacle. Everyone can enjoy this sporting event and admission is free of charge.
Learning how a plastic soup grows in our oceans, how virtually all living creatures eat plastic on a daily basis, it is hard to believe the first plastic grocery bag was introduced in the US in 1979.
Delft Ceramica 2019 (20-21 July)
On the weekend of 20 and 21 July 2019, the foundation “Delft Quality” organizes during the “De Delftse Keramiekdagen” the 15th edition of Delft Ceramica, the international ceramics market. The Delft Ceramic days is the event to experience ceramics in Delft.
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Experience Asia in Leiden (16-19 July)
- De Blauwe Lijn Excursion (18 July)
- Summer Film School 2019 – Italian Maestro (18-21 July)
- FED Expat Drinks (19 July)
- IndiBurn @ Zwarte Pad (20 July)
- The Boat for Gays and Friends (21 July)
- Delft Book Market (21 July)
- Filmhuis Den Haag Summer Classics (until 24 July)
- Save Our Seas Exhibition @ Musee Scheveningen (until 22 September)
Ongoing events in the region
- Dutch Language Cafe (various weekly events)
- Artery Zomer Salon (until 4 August)
- Urban Bugs: An Exhibition (until 17 August)
- Open Air Films at Humanity House (Thursdays throughout August)
- Yayoi Kusama @ Museum Voorlinden (until 1 September)
- Ice-tastic Spectacle @ MECC Maastricht (until 1 September)
- Exhibition: Celebrating 50 Years of MOJO (until 1 September)
- From The Highest Point – Exhibition @ Panorama Mesdag (until 22 September)
- TrashUre Hunt at Scheveningen (until 23 September)
- Grote Kerk Open Days (until 28 September)
- Sport and Play Palace @ De Uithof (until 28 September)
- ‘The Past Glorified’ – Delft Exhibition (until 29 September)
- Summer City Walking Tours (Saturdays until end of September)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (various dates)
- Le Marie Marché (monthly)
- Antique and Book Markets on Lange Voorhout (weekly)
- Dutch Language Cafe (weekly until 28 September)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- Graham Nash @ Zuiderparktheater (25 July)
- Delft Chamber Music Festival (25 July – 4 August)
- Markets at the Beach (28 July and 2 August)
- ACCESS Ask The Experts Sessions in Utrecht (8 August)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)
- Wild Rooster Festival 2019 (23-24 August)
- Concerts at the Castle 2019 (27 August)
- Open Air Theatre: The Tempest and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (28 August – 1 September)
- Wereldhavendagen – World Port Days 2019 (6-8 September)
- Live on the Beach feat. KEANE (7 September)
- Rock History Tours (7 September, 5 October)
- KLM Open 2019 (12-15 September)
- The Hague Peace Night Run 2019 (21 September)
- Malaika Kids Open Golf Tournament 2019 – Compete to support a worthy charity! (7 October)
- Hofstad Hop 2019 (27-29 September)