Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Rotterdam Unlimited 2019 (23-27 July)
Rotterdam Unlimited is one of the largest free street festivals in the ‘hottest’ city in Europe: Rotterdam! The eclectic music scene, the famous creative art community and the 178 different cultures are the secret ingredients of the incredibly vibrant and exciting atmosphere of Rotterdam that you experience during Rotterdam Unlimited. A special experience that you will not soon forget.
The 23rd edition of the Delft Chamber Music Festival is taking place in the historic city center of Delft this summer. The theme of this edition is Orpheus. Guest programmer and baritone Thomas Oliemans invites the absolute world top of classical music to bring the Greek mythological figure Orpheus to life on the concert stage with him. The chamber music festival takes place in an informal setting at various locations in the old center of Delft and beyond. In 2019, Oliemans will take over the programming from artistic director Liza Ferschtman, who will focus on other activities this summer. Online ticket sales have started!
Nutshuis Film Festival: Open Air Cinema (27 July – 1 August)
The Nutshuis is hosting an open air film festival from 27 July to August. A series of 6 outdoor film screenings and sustainable food on the last Saturday in July and all 5 Saturdays in August in the secluded garden of the Nutshuis. Come along and enjoy this secret city oasis!
Artery Zomer Salon (until 4 August)
Ongoing events in the region
- Dutch Language Cafe (various weekly events)
- Jose Gonzalez @ Zuiderparktheater (5 August)
- Urban Bugs: An Exhibition (until 17 August)
- Open Air Films at Humanity House (Thursdays throughout August)
- Yayoi Kusama @ Museum Voorlinden (until 1 September)
- Ice-tastic Spectacle @ MECC Maastricht (until 1 September)
- Exhibition: Celebrating 50 Years of MOJO (until 1 September)
- From The Highest Point – Exhibition @ Panorama Mesdag (until 22 September)
- Save Our Seas Exhibition @ Musee Scheveningen (until 22 September)
- TrashUre Hunt at Scheveningen (until 23 September)
- Grote Kerk Open Days (until 28 September)
- Sport and Play Palace @ De Uithof (until 28 September)
- ‘The Past Glorified’ – Delft Exhibition (until 29 September)
- Summer City Walking Tours (Saturdays until end of September)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (various dates)
- Le Marie Marché (monthly)
- Antique and Book Markets on Lange Voorhout (weekly)
- Dutch Language Cafe (weekly until 28 September)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- Milan Summer Festival 2019 (2-4 August)
- Varend Corso 2019 (2-4 August)
- ACCESS Ask The Experts Sessions in Utrecht (8 August)
- Waterpop Festival 2019 (10 August)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)
- Den Haag Outdoor Festival (17 August)
- Wild Rooster Festival 2019 (23-24 August)
- Concerts at the Castle 2019 (27 August)
- Open Air Theatre: The Tempest and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (28 August – 1 September)
- Tribute to George Harrison and Friends @ Paard (1 September)
- Wereldhavendagen – World Port Days 2019 (6-8 September)
- Live on the Beach feat. KEANE (7 September)
- Rock History Tours (7 September, 5 October)
- KLM Open 2019 (12-15 September)
- The Hague Peace Night Run 2019 (21 September)
- National Diabetes Challenge Week 2019 (25-28 September)
- Hofstad Hop 2019 (27-29 September)
- Malaika Kids Open Golf Tournament 2019 – Compete to support a worthy charity! (7 October)