Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Milan Summer Festival 2019 (2-4 August)
Multicultural festival on the fields of the Zuiderpark. The cross-border festival bridges the gap between the atmospheric cultures that our country has, from Dutch to Hindustani, from Caribbean to Indian. The event has been taking place in The Hague for three decades and manages to surprise every year with programming that responds to trends in the culinary world, music, dance, art, sports and healthcare.There is an international cooking contest, a current music line-up, a program for the little ones and space for sports and games. The festival ends with a thunderous fireworks show.
The Varend Corso Westland is an annual event with beautiful flowers and plants and delicious vegetables in the lead. This unique spectacle guarantees a wonderful day out with family or friends. The procession extends through the Westland, Schipluiden, Maassluis, The Hague, Delft and Vlaardingen, among other locations. Three days of sailing pleasure in the eyes of the hundreds of thousands of spectators who come to the parade every year.
Summer City Walking Tours (Saturdays until end of September)
At the Hofvijver lies the Hofgebied and the old village Die Haghe. Walk along the Binnenhof, where the counts, governors and Orange residents had their domicile. The guide leads you through the narrow streets of the old village with the medieval Grote Kerk as the center and the chic Voorhout with the city palaces. Be surprised by the stories about the beautiful center of The Hague!
Dutch Language Cafe (various weekly events)
The Dutch Language Café is the place in The Hague where people of many different nationalities come together, get to know each other and learn Dutch in a fun way. Check the event listing and website for the agenda!
Ongoing events in the region
- Jose Gonzalez @ Zuiderparktheater (5 August)
- Urban Bugs: An Exhibition (until 17 August)
- Open Air Films at Humanity House (Thursdays throughout August)
- Yayoi Kusama @ Museum Voorlinden (until 1 September)
- Ice-tastic Spectacle @ MECC Maastricht (until 1 September)
- Exhibition: Celebrating 50 Years of MOJO (until 1 September)
- From The Highest Point – Exhibition @ Panorama Mesdag (until 22 September)
- Save Our Seas Exhibition @ Musee Scheveningen (until 22 September)
- TrashUre Hunt at Scheveningen (until 23 September)
- Grote Kerk Open Days (until 28 September)
- Sport and Play Palace @ De Uithof (until 28 September)
- ‘The Past Glorified’ – Delft Exhibition (until 29 September)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (various dates)
- Le Marie Marché (monthly)
- Antique and Book Markets on Lange Voorhout (weekly)
- Dutch Language Cafe (weekly until 28 September)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- ACCESS Ask The Experts Sessions in Utrecht (8 August)
- Waterpop Festival 2019 (10 August)
- Katvanger Summer Shows 2019 (11 and 18 August)
- P!nk Comes to The Hague (11 August)
- Den Haag Outdoor Festival (17 August)
- Wild Rooster Festival 2019 (23-24 August)
- Weekend of Romantic Music 2019 (23-25 August)
- Green Garden Festival 2019 (24 August)
- Concerts at the Castle 2019 (27 August)
- Open Air Theatre: The Tempest and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (28 August – 1 September)
- Jazz in de Gracht 2019 (29-31 August)
- Tango Beach Festival and Marathon 2019 (30 August – 1 September)
- Tribute to George Harrison and Friends @ Paard (1 September)
- Embassy Festival 2019 (6-7 September)
- Wereldhavendagen – World Port Days 2019 (6-8 September)
- Live on the Beach feat. KEANE (7 September)
- Rock History Tours (7 September, 5 October)
- KLM Open 2019 (12-15 September)
- Dutch Coast Race 2019 (20-22 September)
- The Hague Peace Night Run 2019 (21 September)
- War Child Peace Sessions Festival 2019 (21 September)
- National Diabetes Challenge Week 2019 (25-28 September)
- Hofstad Hop 2019 (27-29 September)
- PEPER: Cabaret Festival in The Hague! (27-30 September)
- Schveningen Kite Festival 2019 (28-29 September)
- Malaika Kids Open Golf Tournament 2019 – Compete to support a worthy charity! (7 October)