Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Just Peace Festival The Hague (18-23 September)
A varied program is organized for six days, spread over various locations in the city. Everything revolves around the theme Peace and Justice. The program offers a unique combination of entertainment, sports and music, is often accessible for free and appeals to a broad target group. The festival will open on Wednesday 18 September with an inspiring HagueTalks in the Humanity House. Highlights in the program include the International Open Day, the Peace Night Run, the Peace in the Park festival and the Just Peace concert with VanVelzen in the Kurzaal.
Dutch Coast Race 2019 (20-22 September)
The Hague Peace Night Run 2019 (21 September)
On Saturday evening, September 21, the Lange Voorhout in The Hague will set the stage for the start and finish of the second edition of The Hague Peace Night Run. The trail guarantees a fairytale spectacle of fire, light, mysticism and sound, but is otherwise as dark as the night and is only lit in a few places! The run is a unique experience run and the ideal mix of sport, fun and reflection through the city of Peace and Justice.
Bubble Run 2019 (22 September)
Are you ready to have some fun? Because, at the Bubble Run you can run, dance or walk your way through three foam zones and end in with a foamtastic afterparty. So bring along all your family & friends! The Bubble Run is a, (1.5 mile or a 3 mile fun run)!
Fancy something else this weekend?
- TodaysArt 2019 – International festival for art, music and technology (19-22 September)
- WWF Sponsored Swim for a Plastic-Free Sea (21 September)
- KLUB Soul (21 September)
- War Child Peace Sessions Festival 2019 (21 September)
Ongoing events in the region
- Antique and Book Markets on Lange Voorhout (weekly)
- Boat Trips from The Hague to Delft (until 25 September)
- ‘The Past Glorified’ – Delft Exhibition (until 29 September)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (various dates)
- Le Marie Marché (monthly)
- Dutch Language Cafe (weekly until 28 September)
- Sport and Play Palace @ De Uithof (until 28 September)
- Rotterdam Park Month 2019 (until 30 September)
- ‘rite of access’ at Stroom Den Haag (until 20 October)
- The Hague Boat’s Pub Quiz! (until end of October)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- National Diabetes Challenge Week 2019 (25-28 September)
- European Outdoor Film Festival 2019 (27 September)
- Hoogtij #58 (27 September)
- Oktoberfest 2019 @ Grote Markt (27-28 September)
- Hofstad Hop 2019 (27-29 September)
- PEPER: Cabaret Festival in The Hague! (27-30 September)
- Holland Taiko Festival 2019 (28 September)
- ‘Back to the Coast’ Choir Festival 2019 (28 September)
- Neighbour Day 2019 (28 September)
- Scheveningen Kite Festival 2019 (28-29 September)
- Race Horse Company: Super Sunday (2 October)
- Art The Hague 2019: Spotlight on Women (2-6 October)
- Afrovibes Festival 2019 (3-10 October)
- The Place to Be @ Korzo (4 October)
- Nick and Simon @ PAARD (5 October)
- Rock History Tours (5 October)
- Venus versus Modernity (South Africa) – A Historical Story Upside Down (5 October)
- Open Ateliers The Hague (5-6 October)
- Malaika Kids Open Golf Tournament 2019 – Compete to support a worthy charity! (7 October)
- Metallica’s S&M Concert Replay @ Omniversum (9 and 15 October)
- Dagvlinder Festival 2019 (12 October)
- Freaky Frankenstein Concert for Toddlers (16 November)
- Jill Lepore: These Truths: A History of the United States (16 October)
- The Hague Halloween Festival 2019 (24 October)
- Wanderlust Festival 2019 (26 October)
- Crossing Border 2019 (29 October – 3 November)
- QETC: The Importance of Being Earnest (5-9 November)
- Eastern Neighbours Film Festival 2019 (6-10 November)
- Popronde 2019 (16 November)
- PostModern Jukebox @ Melkweg (21 November)