Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
Books and Bric-a-Brac Sale (12 October)
On Saturday October 12 The St John and St Philip Anglican Church will hold their semi-annual Book and Brocante Fair. A huge quantity of books in English, Dutch and other languages will be available, along with attractive goods of all kinds. Everything for very low prices! Proceeds to contribute to church funds.
Dagvlinder Festival 2019 (12 October)
The hottest and latest brand new festival is back: Dagvlinder Festival. This is one of the first daytime indoor festivals held in The Netherlands, right in the heart of Rotterdam. Due to last year being such a great success, the event is back on Saturday the 12th of October! House and techno enthusiasts will be thrilled with the huge selection of artists on stage!
France Day and Marché Royal in The Hague 2019 (13 October)
Hagenaars do not have to travel far to get into a French atmosphere this fall. During Marché Royal on Sunday 13 October, accordions sound in the atmospheric streets of the Hofkwartier, it smells of fresh baguette and the most beautiful French vintage cars adorn the sidewalks.
Niki de Saint Phalle Exhibition @ Beelden Aan Zee (until 1 March 2020)
World famous are the Nana’s of the French sculptor Niki de Saint Phalle (1930 – 2002) who will be paying full attention to the Museum aan aan Zee in the autumn of 2019. Colorful, exuberantly cheerful female figures who dance, jump and sparkle with energy . Their joie de vivre is contagious to everyone!
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Marc Almond @ PAARD (10 October)
- ibis Styles by Us Photography Exhibition and Workshops (10 October)
- Pie in the Sky Acrobatic Theatre (11 October)
- Special Golden Era Sailing Package (13 October, 13 and 20 September)
- Architecture Film Festival Rotterdam 2019 (until 13 October)
Ongoing events in the region
- Antique and Book Markets on Lange Voorhout (weekly)
- Theosophy Talks 2019-2020 (monthly)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (various dates)
- Le Marie Marché (monthly)
- ‘rite of access’ at Stroom Den Haag (until 20 October)
- The Hague Boat’s Pub Quiz! (until end of October)
- Wild Canada @ Omniversum (until 3 November)
- Angstfabriek: ‘Fear Factory’ The Hague (various dates until January)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- Metallica’s S&M Concert Replay @ Omniversum (15 October)
- Jill Lepore: These Truths: A History of the United States (16 October)
- Amsterdam Dance Event 2019 (16-20 October)
- ProJazz Concert: Boy Edgar and Jasper van ‘t Hof (18 October)
- English Comedy Night @ O’Casey’s (18 October)
- Festival de Betovering 2019 (18-24 October)
- The Hague Halloween Festival 2019 (24 October)
- Tangerine Dream @ Boederij (24 October)
- Jazz Festival Rotterdam 2019 (25-26 October)
- Wanderlust Festival 2019 (26 October)
- Crossing Border 2019 (29 October – 3 November)
- QETC: The Importance of Being Earnest (5-9 November)
- Eastern Neighbours Film Festival 2019 (6-10 November)
- AWC Holiday Bazaar 2019 (9-10 November)
- Popronde 2019 (16 November)
- Kamerkoor Kwintesse Concert: Lifting the Veil (16 and 23 November)
- Freaky Frankenstein Concert for Toddlers (16 November)
- PostModern Jukebox @ Melkweg (21 November)
- St Andrews Ceilidh Charity Ball 2019 (30 November)
- QETC: The 39 Steps (6-8 December)