Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
QETC: The Importance of Being Earnest (5-9 November)
100% sold out in 2018, Wilde’s definitive comedy of manners is back owing to popular demand. A fast-moving, outrageous and contemporary take on Oscar Wilde’s masterpiece. This show features male actors in the seven principal roles plus a talented male and female supporting cast.
‘The Up, The Down and The Strange’ and ‘Book of Names’ from 7MRP (9 and 23 November)
Leiden International Film Festival 2019 (until 10 November)
11 days filled with premieres, special film events, parties, and more: that’s the Leiden International Film Festival. Founded in 2006 and currently one of the Netherlands’ most important film festivals. The 2019 edition will feature over 100 films from all over the globe, ranging from arthouse to mainstream, and everything in between.
Eastern Neighbours Film Festival 2019 (until 10 November)
Eastern Neighbours Film Festival presents the best recent films from East and South East Europe, from the countries with a small but often powerful film industry. This concerns film productions that cannot be seen in the Netherlands, or only to a very limited extent. Why Eastern Neighbours? The ENFF strives to get the Dutch and international audience in the Netherlands acquainted with the cinema and culture of their eastern neighbours.
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Open Mornings at the British School in the Netherlands (5-7 November)
- KickRave Your Day @ Het Magazijn (6 November)
- The Real Thing @ Gebr de Nobel (8 November)
- HUBS Immersive Festival 2019 (8-9 November)
- ProJazz: Catrin Finch and Seckou Keita (9 November)
- Film and Quiz Night (until 9 November)
- Judith Hill @ Cultuurpodium Boederij (10 November)
Ongoing events in the region
- Antique and Book Markets on Lange Voorhout (weekly)
- Theosophy Talks 2019-2020 (monthly)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (various dates)
- Le Marie Marché (monthly)
- Voyage of Time @ Omniversum (until 17 November)
- Dilan Yurdakul in ‘Through the Shadow’ @ Theater Bellevue (until 23 November)
- Trois Romantiques Têtus Exhibition (until 24 November)
- Cirque Du Soleil: TOTEM (until 8 December)
- Angstfabriek: ‘Fear Factory’ The Hague (various dates until January)
- Louis Apol on Nova Zembla (until 1 March)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- Remembrance Day Concert @ BSN (11 November)
- ‘The Way of All Fish’ and ‘Dead Nice’ @ Theater Het Branoul (12 November)
- Waterboys @ PAARD (14 November)
- The Hague Global Cinema Festival 2019 (15-17 November)
- Popronde 2019 (16 November)
- Roachford and KT Tunstall (16 November)
- Kamerkoor Kwintesse Concert: Lifting the Veil (16 and 23 November)
- Freaky Frankenstein Concert for Toddlers (16 November)
- RIchard Dawkins @ BorderKitchen (18 November)
- PostModern Jukebox @ Melkweg (21 November)
- Schubert 9 by Residentie Orkest (22 November)
- Roger Ross Williams: Documentary ‘The Apollo’ & Doc Talk (24 November)
- St Andrews Ceilidh Charity Ball 2019 (30 November)
- QETC: The 39 Steps (6-8 December)
- Royal Christmas Fair 2019 (12-23 December)
- We Will Rock You @ World Forum (13 December – 5 January)
- Glass Art Lessons in Delft (20 December, 4 April)
- Christmas Circus The Hague (21 December – 5 January)