Here’s your weekly summary of What’s On
This is our top list of events, exhibitions, music, festivals and more to keep you entertained this weekend. We include events from The Hague, Leiden, Delft, Scheveningen and everywhere in between.
Below the four featured events, you can find other things happening this weekend, as well as ongoing exhibitions and festivals. You’ll also find all our upcoming listings with links so you can plan ahead. There are family-friendly suggestions too, making sure everyone can explore the area and its culture together. We hope you have a great time, no matter what you get up to.
Remember to check with each event organiser for ticket prices, entry requirements or last minute changes (just in case). Have a great weekend!
ShoppingNight The Hague: Black Friday (29 November)
The discounts on everything from laptops and beauty to sportswear and fashion will fly off the shelves during Black Friday 2019! This year the biggest discount party of the year takes place on Friday November 29, don’t miss out on amazing deals!
Angstfabriek: ‘Fear Factory’ The Hague (29 November; various dates until January)
The Angst factory is a fictional place where techniques to scare us and products that make us feel safer are developed, tested and perfected. From (fake) news messages to unconventional safety gadgets, this fake fear factory cleverly responds to our social fears of terror and climate change. The public now has the chance to take a look behind the scenes at this fear producer, because the Anxiety Factory has no secrets. Or is it?
The Hague Highlights 2019 (28 November – 21 December)
The Hague HighLights has returned after a successful first year! From 28 November to 21 December, the outer walls of the Mauritshuis and Ridderzaal will be part of a fantastic light show on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Firework Festival Scheveningen (1, 8, 15, 22 December)
This year the International Fireworks Festival Scheveningen Foundation once again organises the Winter Fireworks in collaboration with Xena Vuurwerk. The small-scale event with an intimate character is freely accessible to everyone! The shows are clearly visible from the beach and boulevard and take place subject to weather conditions.
Fancy something else this weekend?
- Spotlight: Romania Film Festival (27 November – 1 December)
- Thanksgiving with Katvanger (29 November)
- St Andrews Ceilidh Charity Ball 2019 (30 November)
- The Quing ’19 (30 NOvember)
Ongoing events in the region
- Antique and Book Markets on Lange Voorhout (weekly)
- Theosophy Talks 2019-2020 (monthly)
- Walking Tours of The Hague – Bronovo Edition (various dates)
- Le Marie Marché (monthly)
- Cirque Du Soleil: TOTEM (until 8 December)
- The Hague by Night Walking Tours (until December 18)
- Hop-on Hop-off Horse Drawn Carriages (until 22 December)
- Louis Apol on Nova Zembla (until 1 March)
Upcoming dates for your diary
- Meet & Mingle (5 December)
- QETC: The 39 Steps (6-8 December)
- Irish Club Christmas Dinner Party 2019 (7 December)
- Royal Christmas Fair 2019 (12-23 December)
- Cecilia International Choir Christmas Concerts (13 December)
- We Will Rock You @ World Forum (13 December – 5 January)
- Floating Christmas Markets at Leiden (13-24 December)
- TAIKA Christmas Choir Concert 2019 (15 December)
- John Corabi @ Cultuurpodium Boerderij (19 December)
- Glass Art Lessons in Delft (20 December, 4 April)
- Christmas Market @ Westergasfabriek (20-23 December)
- Christmas in Three Courses: A Musical Experience (21 December)
- Christmas Circus The Hague (21 December – 5 January)
- A Christmas Carol: De Dutch Don’t Dance Division (25-29 December)
- Stadsbal Delft – tickets on sale now! (4 January)
- CONNECT event – Language and Communication (16 January)
- Grauzone Festival (7-8 February)
- CONNECT Event – Taxes and Finance (11 February)